PDA

View Full Version : tc cherokee parts

barnabus
03-17-2017, 06:52 AM
do any of you guys have any leads or know of anyone who has parts for a 45 cal cherokee? Im looking specifically for a sear. Im gathering up some extra parts to have on hand.i have tried dixie and TOW.I have bought some stuff this week off fleabay but cant find a sear yet.Thanks

54bore
03-17-2017, 08:47 AM
Keep an eye on seller ramblinman211 on ebay, Expensive but has a ton of stuff. Maybe even send him a message through Evilbay, good chance he would have what you are looking for

bubba.50
03-17-2017, 11:10 AM
think what ya will about his prices but I can tell ya that Ben(Ramblinman) is a top-notch feller to deal with.

54bore
03-17-2017, 11:25 AM
think what ya will about his prices but I can tell ya that Ben(Ramblinman) is a top-notch feller to deal with.

I have bought a few things from him, hes a good guy to deal with! Ebay is Ebay plain n simple, and TC stuff is TC stuff, might as well cash in if you can, sorta like that TC Vernier Tang peep that was GIVEN to me, i wont sell it a penny less than 100 bucks! I see them sell for WAAAAY over that on Ebay, and just because i got it given to me doesn't mean you should get it given to you! Ive paid some premuim prices and gotten good deals on Ebay.

bubba.50
03-17-2017, 01:56 PM
I don't blame you one bit. only difference 'tween you & me is I never woulda mentioned anywhere that I got it for free. yer price is fair but sometimes people just knowin' somethin' really brings out the Jew in'em and they get all butt-hurt if ya don't sell it to them for 50% off of nothin'.

barnabus
03-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Can anyone tell me what the TC part number is for. Cherokee 45 sear? I have one in view but want to confirm the part number?

pietro
03-17-2017, 10:19 PM
Can anyone tell me what the TC part number is for. Cherokee 45 sear?
I have one in view but want to confirm the part number?

Unless you can determine that the sear you're considering is a take-off from a Cherokee or Seneca (any caliber), it's not gonna fit [smilie=b: - as the Cherokee/Seneca stocks, barrels and locks (including lock parts) are a different size than the corresponding Hawken/Renegade parts.

AFAIK, the T/C Cherokee/Seneca parts supplies were sold out a few years after the factory buildings, machines & blueprints that produced those rifles & parts burned to the ground about 20 years ago (IIRC) - and nobody's tooled up to reproduce those specialized parts as yet, most likely due to there being an inadequate marketplace demand to justify the costs involved in producing them.

FWIW, I bought a rusted/junk Cherokee, just for the parts (and, no - I won't sell any parts off, in case I need them sometime down the road).