PDA

View Full Version : CVA 54 cal Hawkens dbl set trigger front spring

Uncle Jess
03-16-2017, 12:21 PM
I am in search of, a spring for my CVA 54 Cal dbl set trigger. Shown here in the 2nd photo with the red arrows, the spring is missing on my trigger set when I did the maintenance of cleaning once purchased it was not there!. I bring the search here as I have on another C& B group I am in on FB that led/referred me to this group. Being a long time member and gleaming information as the needs arouse for my own hand loads I have since grown found of the BP era and its weapons.
Thanks for any information in advance as I haven't found anything searching through Numrich, Ebay, Track of the wolf, DGW, Traditions, Deer Creek Products (fulfilling CVA obligations for parts) etc.. First showing my missing spring and the channeled area in which it should be yet is MIA 190703 Second, showing the only actual picture I could find on the net of one in use, that Ironically is the same exact trigger dimensions! 190702 <<<highlighted for effect with the red arrows and as of today I still don't know if this elusive hens tooth exists in any form other than virtually. SO my quest is to find the spring to return my otherwise functional CVA 54 cal to her glory of making smoke and slinging big round boolits down range. Can ya help a fella out here? Am I wacko for thinking that there has to be at least a working part in existence? Anyone have this rascal in a working CVA weapon that perhaps can take the time and effort to take a picture of it out of the trigger to possibly be able to have one made?

bubba.50
03-16-2017, 05:19 PM
maybe buy a carbeurater spring & make yer own?

Uncle Jess
03-16-2017, 07:50 PM
TY Bubba for taking the time to reply. Seems I have found a vendor who has the spare part. Once it's here I'll be looking for spring material to actually have a back up for it. I do appreciate the reply!

bubba.50
03-16-2017, 08:15 PM
I was goin' to ask where you found the spring as I have two Mountain Rifle triggers that need them but, the ones I need are just a straight piece of wire with a bend that fits a hole in the trigger plate. I assumed they were all the same & that you needed the same part but that is much different from the Mountain Rifle spring.

might be able to modify trigger plate & make that type work so I'll ask anyway. where'd you find it?

Uncle Jess
03-16-2017, 09:29 PM
NO problem there bubba, I looked up Flintlock LLC on Facebook. I sent him the picture of what I was looking for as well as a picture of my own empty spring area and he dug it up. According to him he can make another or anything else I might need if he has some idea of what it looked like. Ya can find him here as long as it's not busting any regs here to do this..https://www.facebook.com/FlintlocksLLC/
BTW I have seen that wire on several dbl trigger sets as I was looking for my own so its out there! Get ya some and make some SMOKE!

Sasquatch-1
03-17-2017, 05:25 AM
You may also try "patsportingoods.com" I got a mainspring for an old Japanese made flint lock pistol from him. Couldn't find it anywhere else.

Uncle Jess
03-17-2017, 08:56 AM
@ Sasquatch.. did a google search for him just to see what they had available and got a blue page.. nothing to see unless I wanted to click the click bait.. ty for trying!

Sasquatch-1
03-18-2017, 07:40 AM
I got it on ebay from muzzleloader707 (http://www.ebay.com/usr/muzzleloader707?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754) Name is Steve Patterson. The web address came from his invoice.

Pat's Enterprise LLC
202 Hulzenga Ave.
Zealand Mi 49464

@ Sasquatch.. did a google search for him just to see what they had available and got a blue page.. nothing to see unless I wanted to click the click bait.. ty for trying!

stubshaft
03-18-2017, 04:36 PM
I used a piece of 1/16" music wire to make a couple of them.

Uncle Jess
03-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Little update, got my spring in today and its probably just as described by stubshaft a 1/16 wire spring. I installed it and now the second trigger activates properly! So with all the help I got here I would like to say thanks to the forum members that offered solutions and to Flintlocks LLC!
https://www.facebook.com/FlintlocksLLC/
for following up on looking for the spring after I emailed them, selling me the spring for a delivered price of 7.50 and offering to replace it/ make another one, if it goes MIA again. Now off to the range to make some more smoke!