PDA

View Full Version : Got my 1892 back!

TXGunNut
03-12-2017, 08:00 PM
My 1892 vacationed in WA this past summer, finally came home this past week. As expected John Taylor's workmanship looks great, had almost forgotten how slick this old 92 is. Only one problem; I was gathering ammo for today's range trip and all my 32-20 cases were empty! I thought I had 20 stashed but I was wrong. Sized some brass, got it in the cleaner and then couldn't find any lubed boolits! [smilie=b:
Oh, well. Guess I need to spend a little quality time in my loading room. ;)

Outpost75
03-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Pictures please!

Uncle Jimbo
03-13-2017, 12:21 PM
My 1892 vacationed in WA this past summer, finally came home this past week. As expected John Taylor's workmanship looks great, had almost forgotten how slick this old 92 is. Only one problem; I was gathering ammo for today's range trip and all my 32-20 cases were empty! I thought I had 20 stashed but I was wrong. Sized some brass, got it in the cleaner and then couldn't find any lubed boolits! [smilie=b:
Oh, well. Guess I need to spend a little quality time in my loading room. ;)

Oh damn, what a hardship. :groner:

Sigmanz
03-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Congrats on the return. Should be a fun rifle. I have a 1907 made '92 in 25-20 and it is amazingly slick and smooth. Great trigger too. Hope you get out to give it a spin soon !

smokeywolf
03-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Pics, if or when you can manage it.

TXGunNut
03-13-2017, 10:14 PM
Not much to look at, here's a few I've saved.

smokeywolf
03-14-2017, 12:49 AM
Nice! Wish my '92 had the octagonal barrel.

Speedo66
03-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Nice, I think they copied that from my Rossi.

TXGunNut
03-16-2017, 09:32 PM
Nice, I think they copied that from my Rossi.

Funny you should say that, was just looking at my R92 thinking the same thing!;)

TXGunNut
03-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Nice! Wish my '92 had the octagonal barrel.

I dunno. The round barrel on a rifle balances better for me. I really like the balance of a 94 short rifle and octagonal barrel, tho.

TXGunNut
03-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Oh damn, what a hardship. :groner:

Found some boolits in there this morning so I won't have to fire up a pot right away. But it seems I have a couple of acres of weeds to subdue AFTER the tractor gets an oil change and I have a club skeet shoot Saturday morning. Not sure how I'll pull this off. ;-)

runfiverun
03-17-2017, 12:37 AM
shoot the first round lefty then you'll be so disgusted with your score you can leave early and have a good excuse.
then you could always swing by the LGS and hem and haw about dropping 65 bucks for a box of store bought ammo.
if seeing that price tag after shooting a 4 doesn't get you motivated I don't know what will.

TXGunNut
03-17-2017, 12:56 AM
shoot the first round lefty then you'll be so disgusted with your score you can leave early and have a good excuse.
then you could always swing by the LGS and hem and haw about dropping 65 bucks for a box of store bought ammo.
if seeing that price tag after shooting a 4 doesn't get you motivated I don't know what will.

Thanks, but I can embarrass myself adequately shooting righty, lol. I shoot a fair bit of trap but skeet is just an amusing diversion for me. One of my skeet guns is equally happy shot from either side and I can shoot a riot gun from either shoulder so the lefty excuse will be weak with folks that know me.
Leave early? Surely you jest! If I pay an entry fee I'll endure until the last bird is tossed. I have a loooong history of comp shooting all over this great country of ours and I can assure you I don't embarrass easily. ;-)