PDA

View Full Version : MyWeigh Gempro 250 Digital Scale

jonp
03-12-2017, 12:35 PM
My reloading of 38sp with the new IMR Target produced some strange velocities so I decided to replace both my scale and chrono.

Based on reviews I bought a MyWeigh GemPro 250, $129 shipped from thedigitalscale.com/oldwillknotscales.com (the GemPro 500 is on sale now for $139 shipped). Placing the order I got an email the next day saying it was shipped then 2 days later it was at my door.

The scale has several features that are helpful. First is that it will run off both batteries and ac. I keep it plugged in to the wall. Some reviews say to leave it powered for 1/2 - 1hr before use however, the manual does not say this. It only says to make sure it is at room temperature.

It has 6 weigh modes: g, oz, ozt, dwt, gn, ct.
There is a nice backlight for reading the numbers which you can set to always on, always off or auto. I set mine to auto and it comes on when weighing then shuts off when back to zero. This would be handy when using in battery mode. The backlight is orange which I like.

The scale is has adjustable feet and a built in bubble level to allow you to level it for best accuracy.

There is an auto off feature you can adjust from 0 to 540sec again to preserve battery life.

A wind cover is included although it does say best accuracy is achieved leaving the cover up.

The scale comes with a hard case, check weight, ac adapter, plastic pan, tweezers, rubber vibration pad and a dampening magnet for the line.

It is accurate +/- .001g. You can change this on the 250 between .001g and .002g "for better accuracy" although thst doesnt make any sense to me.

I just tested it with several tare weights and it works as advertised. The scale fluctuates a few times while blinking and when the readout turns solid that is the weight. I trickled powder into it and measured 3.2gr then set it aside. After weighing various bullets I went back to the powder and it repeated 3.2gr.

This seems as good as the reviews said it was. Easily set up for use, accurate and a good value. If you want a scale for accuracy powder measurement to .001gr then this is one that will do it for far less than competing models.

jmort
03-12-2017, 12:46 PM
I think it is the best scale available at that price point.
Brian Enos recommended it.
That is a great price.
Amazon Prime is around $130

country gent
03-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Ive been using one for a couple years now with no complaints so far. and the .02 grns is a lot closer than the .1 of most scales.