PDA

View Full Version : Cast bullet supplier in Kansas/Powder Valley?

KS1911
11-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Has anyone used Powder Valley's cast Bushwhacker Bullets? I'm thinking about picking up some .45acp and .44mag bullets from them and would like to know what you think of them/their bullets/etc.

Is there any other cast bullet companies in Kansas that are worth considering?

Also, are there any members of this website that are in the commercial cast bullet business?

cropcirclewalker
11-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Two edged sword, Two edged sword.

I live in MO. My daughter lives in Winfield, KS. Powder Valley is extremely reasonable in their pricing except that for most, like powder and primers you got the "unreasonable, unconstitutional, commerce inhibiting Hazmat Fees. I score really good prices on the powder and primers and then my daughter picks the stuff up and drives it to me when she comes to visit.

You are apparently a KS guy.

Order, Pay (sorry you gotta pay state sales tax, like I don't) and pick up locally. A good deal unless you gotta drive like hundreds of miles to get there.

He has Trail Boss, which is, as you must know, was designed for cast boolits.

My daughter is coming down here to the Ozarks for Thanksgiving, so as per usual, she will be bringing whatever I need from like what I order from the day before.

Hey, sometimes things just work out.

Fer Me anyway.

fourarmed
11-07-2005, 12:16 PM
https://www.proshootpro.com/order.htm

7br
11-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Fourarmed's post is for leadhead bullets. They are based out of St. John KS. Widely used for IHMSA especially with the heavy .41 bullets in Freedom Arms revolvers. He hits the Wichita gun shows on occasion and if you give him a call, he will tote watcha need with him to the show and save you the shipping.

Scrounger
11-07-2005, 12:40 PM
https://www.proshootpro.com/order.htm

Marty used to be a poster here some time back, when we had a different 'home' or URL. Maybe somebody ought to recruit him again; more meat for the stew...

KS1911
11-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys,
I'll keep Leadheads in mind and will keep an eye out at the Wichita show later this month. For right now I think I'll go with Powder Valley cause they are closer to me and less expensive. Plus I figure I'll pick up some powder and primers at the same time.