PDA

View Full Version : PC HiTek

WALLNUTT
03-11-2017, 11:16 AM
What is the difference if any between HiTek and PC?

jmort
03-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Hi Tek is applied wet, typically a couple coats.
P.C. is typically applied dry, one coat.
Both require a (convection) oven to cure.
Both seem to work well
There is a lot of information here available for you to review.
One thing I like about P.C. is that you get around .002" size increase which can be useful

BNE
03-11-2017, 11:22 AM
For me, Thickness. HiTek is thin. Multiple coats are needed.

As far as the process, both have advantages and disadvantages. I started with HiTek and switched to powder coating. Nothing wrong with HiTek, but I prefer PC. If you lived close, I would hand you my left over.

RobS
03-11-2017, 11:28 AM
The application of the two is one difference. I have done both PC (shake and bake method with airsoft BB's) and now Hi-Tek. I prefer Hi-Tek powder that a person adds acetone simply because it is easier to apply. Otherwise function as a lube to eliminate leading is pretty much the same. A youtube search will give you a good idea of what's going on regards to application.

I just didn't have the patience to sit up the powder coated boolits nor did I want to go out and buy a PC gun and have the over-spray. Hi-Tek I just add acetone, dump in boolits, tumble by hand and spread out on a hardware clothe to dry and then bake. Yes there is the process of doing two or three light coats. Thats a deal breaker for some I suppose but if you have a lot of boolits being coated and a person has a system going it works well.

WALLNUTT
03-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Ah I see. Thanks