PDA

View Full Version : Worried about a member ! Something isn't right

nagantguy
03-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Went to a castboolit members house tonight after getting my sisters generator situated and checking on a friends house who's out of town for work after our brutal wind storm yesterday anyhow I had some brass for this member and he had some for me, I helped him move his generator to a better location and we did our brass swap and than it happened! I was invited inside, inside the house! I met his wife who was a fine very nice lady, "wow married waaaay out of his league " I thunk to myself but a lot of us including me have, than I noticed it, a beautiful full wadd cutter mold being used as a door stop, with handles included no less, "strange "I again thunk to myself and then we went to the "loading room" and I got a little worried it was clean and tidy and filled with first rate gear and everything was labeled and in its place! Not even any brass shavings on the floor! Not wanting to show my embarrassment or discomfort I took a seat and we talked loads, guns and about some famous Indian battles, and about our wives, ya things got a little weird and than this nameless guy offers me some perfect beautiful hollow base wadd cutters for my wife and daughters revolvers from a NOE mold no less, yeah the one being used as a door stop and than I think he may have just been showing off at this point he showed me some pcd boolits he'd done up and they were near perfect and than some brass resizing project he had cooking and it seemed to be going smooth with no injuries or cussing or tons of money invested!!!!! And than he had to cut our visit short cause he was taking his lovely kind wife out to eat, o yeah one more thing his dog was well trained and nice! I guess you just never really know what goes on in some people's lives! A clean a perfectly arranged loading room and bench !

trails4u
03-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Frankly, I'm appalled. Careful the company you keep, my friend.

nagantguy
03-09-2017, 11:58 PM
He may or may not choose to identify himself here, but as he likes to show off he probably will, nice enough fellow but a bit strange you know the type, this other time I buy in on a group buy soft lead bulk deal and he went ahead and threw in a large brick of his personal favorite alloy for mag pistol every ingredient clearly written on the face!

trails4u
03-10-2017, 12:01 AM
A known, labeled alloy???? Just stop, Nagant......you're freakin' me out, man!

nagantguy
03-10-2017, 12:13 AM
I know it's just weird! So I'm not the only one

trails4u
03-10-2017, 12:20 AM
I know it's just weird! So I'm not the only one

I'm a disaster....I'll admit it. Don't get me wrong. I'm freakishly attentive and detailed 'at the bench', but my storage solutions are just as freakishly lacking. I can't find a dang thing....ever. Some days, I might spend as much time finding stuff and setting up as I do loading. It's a curse. I want to be better. I NEED to be better. Just can't find my way there.

Upside....it's always Christmas. I find 'new' cool stuff all the freakin' time!!!!! :groner:

nagantguy
03-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Yes sir just got a large quanity of h110, opened the old ceader chest I use to store powder and what not and saw I already had ordered h110 and low and behold there was the extra mini 14 mags I looked hi and low for!

trails4u
03-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Ain't it grand!?!? I've been processing 5.56 brass of late, a chore I despise. Living in my world or chaos, I needed a new flat space to put my 'done' bucket on, since EVERY flat space in my shop is covered with some half baked project or another. So...I find an old gray Rubbermaid tote in the corner....flat space solved. Work, work, work....making progress, filling the bucket. Life is good. Then...a thought. Dang, that tote was HEAVY when I drug it across the floor....gee, wonder what's in it?? (Insert idiot emoji). Opened it up....10K processed 5.56 brass, bagged and labeled from a gunshow I worked 3 years ago. Grin....go pour a bourbon.

MaryB
03-10-2017, 12:55 AM
And this is why I need to get the reloading room in the garage built... because I can't find ANYTHING when I want it! Consolidate the mess into one location! Because right now lead is stored in 5 spots... the smelting stuff is in the shed but I cast in the garage... but that shed is getting turned into the outdoor kitchen and brew room to get that out of the garage...

Bzcraig
03-10-2017, 01:33 AM
Sounds like he's my brother from another mother!:lovebooli

Echo
03-10-2017, 02:00 AM
Should have taken his temperature, see if he was ill...

OeldeWolf
03-10-2017, 02:12 AM
My lovely Lady has informed me that she wants access to half the office room for her crafts and school supplies/study space. She is even telling me to make sure the new workbench is finely crafted, and that the storage unit next to the bench has to match, and even have doors! It is a disease, I tell you! :kidding:

On the other hand, I might be able to find things, and the sawdust flux is not leaking all over, now that it is in sealed bins ....

runfiverun
03-10-2017, 02:50 AM
I spent 6 hours cleaning the shop yesterday.
no I didn't get it finished.
I did get the unused master caster frame off the bench and under another one so I could
set-up the shot maker.
now I got buckets and little piles of sorted shot all over the floor.

I think I went backwards but at least the rock salt is vacuumed up.

Col4570
03-10-2017, 03:34 AM
I can only describe my Garage come Workshop as a Hells Kitchen.I get things done but it would be nice to put all my stuff in some sort of order.Perhaps someday I may get round to it.On the other hand I have seen one Workshop that has become a Shrine to the workplace with every item labelled ie Hammer,Matches,Pliers etc all identified with a Labelling Machine.

smokeywolf
03-10-2017, 03:54 AM
nagantguy, your story has all the hair on the back of my neck standing on end.

I just know I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. Visions of my reloading bench clean and organized. All my machinist tools in their proper places. All my lead sorted and stored neatly. EWWW!

Traffer
03-10-2017, 04:04 AM
Wait, Wait, what is this strange word "clean" you speak of. Other confusing words like "organized" and "neat". My head is all blurry now. Very confused.

clum553946
03-10-2017, 04:56 AM
Man, & I thought I was the only one who has a reloading room that looks like the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald!

FISH4BUGS
03-10-2017, 09:11 AM
When I lived in my condo, I really didn't have much room. I took everything to my girlfriend's house. While I was living in the condo, I would go through the trash room and save all the coffee cans, both metal and plastic......but only if they had a top on them. Over the years I collected probably a hundred of them.
Fast forward.....we were able to buy the house my girlfriend was living in. GREAT! No need to move some 2500 lbs of wheel weights and the plastic coffee can collection.
My reloading and casting shed it a temple to plastic coffee cans. Everything is neatly stacked and labeled. Every once in a while I get the urge to clean it up. It is always like Christmas because i find things I put into the cans years ago.
I just came across 1300 cast H&G #51's in a plastic coffee can with a lid. Traded and sold them. I should do this more often!

trails4u
03-10-2017, 09:19 AM
This could be a photo contest......greatest disaster of a loading room!

C. Latch
03-10-2017, 09:20 AM
A clean a perfectly arranged loading room and bench !

I wouldn't shoot his ammo any more than I'd trust a skinny cook.

Plate plinker
03-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Crazy he must be a engineer by trade. The debauchery!

Mk42gunner
03-10-2017, 10:54 AM
You know, I could deal with him marrying out of his league, lots of my friends have done that. I can even deal with the clean (shudder) loading room.

The unforgiveable thing is the wadcutter mold being used as a doorstop. The horror.

Robert

rockrat
03-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Last time I cleaned the shop, it took me a week. Then the wife wanted the garage cleaned out. It ended up in my shop!! I gave up then and just let natures entropy take its course since nature hates order and prefers chaos, thats what my shop looks like now!! I won't post pics as nobody would believe them!!

308Jeff
03-10-2017, 11:17 AM
What a sicko...

Walla2
03-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Drug test him. it isn't natural.

Thin Man
03-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Put him on the prayer list.

rr2241tx
03-10-2017, 02:50 PM
nagantguy is just dehydrated and delirious from too many months of darkness. As soon as the sun rises again and the water pipes thaw out, he'll be alright again. Northern winters are hard on people, that's why all the Snowbirds move to Texas for the winters.

fivegunner
03-10-2017, 03:05 PM
It don't sound like anybody I have met on this site, Maybe he`s not of this world?:lovebooli

nagantguy
03-10-2017, 03:08 PM
nagantguy is just dehydrated and delirious from too many months of darkness. As soon as the sun rises again and the water pipes thaw out, he'll be alright again. Northern winters are hard on people, that's why all the Snowbirds move to Texas for the winters.
Yes pipes have frozen; may be a bit dehydrated but the fact still remains I can't unsee nor figure what I seen last night; kinda thing sets a man on his ear and makes him have to take a hard look at all he believes and holds dear! I was even having a wide awake day dream about clear plastic Tupperware with labels on em for all my reloading /casting odds and ends! Even thunk about a puck style magnet on my new bench to attract all the brass shavings! So it would look neat and clean then I recalled about it not being magnetic! And I mentioned my new bench it's beautiful thing too sturdy pipe legs with adjustable feet big enough to mount everything to at once; now I don't even wanna set it up for fear of it getting messy and cluttered!
Another thing I forgot to mention and maybe I shouldn't; there wasn't a single spent primer on this fellas floor, not one, anywhere!

tommag
03-10-2017, 04:12 PM
I read this thread and wasn't too concerned about his mental stability until you got to the part about no spent primers on the floor. I'm no mental health expert, but this is starting to sound serious.

Col4570
03-10-2017, 04:19 PM
I am seeing fleeting glimpses of Mice in my Garage come workshop.They always disappear amongst the debris.I must make some access for my Cat to stop them from nibbling holes in my Shooting Mat.I have decided to take the bull by the Horns and clean things up,hope I am not labelled a goody goody.

Moonie
03-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Went to a castboolit members house tonight after getting my sisters generator situated and checking on a friends house who's out of town for work after our brutal wind storm yesterday anyhow I had some brass for this member and he had some for me, I helped him move his generator to a better location and we did our brass swap and than it happened! I was invited inside, inside the house! I met his wife who was a fine very nice lady, "wow married waaaay out of his league " I thunk to myself but a lot of us including me have, than I noticed it, a beautiful full wadd cutter mold being used as a door stop, with handles included no less, "strange "I again thunk to myself and then we went to the "loading room" and I got a little worried it was clean and tidy and filled with first rate gear and everything was labeled and in its place! Not even any brass shavings on the floor! Not wanting to show my embarrassment or discomfort I took a seat and we talked loads, guns and about some famous Indian battles, and about our wives, ya things got a little weird and than this nameless guy offers me some perfect beautiful hollow base wadd cutters for my wife and daughters revolvers from a NOE mold no less, yeah the one being used as a door stop and than I think he may have just been showing off at this point he showed me some pcd boolits he'd done up and they were near perfect and than some brass resizing project he had cooking and it seemed to be going smooth with no injuries or cussing or tons of money invested!!!!! And than he had to cut our visit short cause he was taking his lovely kind wife out to eat, o yeah one more thing his dog was well trained and nice! I guess you just never really know what goes on in some people's lives! A clean a perfectly arranged loading room and bench !

There, fixed it for you, don't believe a word of it... I've heard tall tales before, man you should be a fisherman... :kidding:

nagantguy
03-10-2017, 06:36 PM
There, fixed it for you, don't believe a word of it... I've heard tall tales before, man you should be a fisherman...
i wish it were a yarn it would be easier on my noodle that a way!

Moonie
03-10-2017, 06:48 PM
i wish it were a yarn it would be easier on my noodle that a way!

forgot the chain lol

jonp
03-10-2017, 06:51 PM

Don't trust this guy. Something doesn't smell right....

RogerDat
03-10-2017, 06:53 PM
My guess is he probably doesn't actually DO anything there except maybe shoot the breeze and lots of OCD labeling of items already on hand. Sort of re-arrange the deck chairs of a ship in dry dock approach to reloading. Not going to sink or go off course but not going to make much progress either.

Maybe next time ask him if he has named the brass in any of those containers, that will be a clue he probably plays with it and gloats like a miser as it runs through his fingers more than he reloads it.

The fact that he lets you into his garage let alone house makes me wonder about his judgment and mental state, and he let you around flammable powder? Boy is he an idiot, a neat idiot but clearly you could cast a boat anchor from what he uses for brains. :mrgreen:

I think you are just being nice again. Stop I say! Stop!

dverna
03-10-2017, 07:03 PM
I live in Michigan....

Nagantguy was not visiting my place.

km101
03-10-2017, 07:33 PM
I'm glad there are people like that, they make good examples! But he sure wouldn't fit in around here. My shop is not perfectly neat, it's "comfortable".

GL49
03-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Give him a break, he's still learning. The reason reloading presses are mounted on the front edge of the bench is just to keep everything else from sliding off onto the floor.

Thumbcocker
03-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Only one logical explanation: Advance alien scout trying to blend in. The truth is out there.

xs11jack
03-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Last time I started a clean it up project on the loading bench, I got going pretty good until I got spooked out when I came up with a life preserver from the Titanic. I laid it back down and went up stairs and took a couple of snorts right out of the bottle.
Ole Jack

JWT
03-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Please don't let my wife know that is even possible!!

Teddy (punchie)
03-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Glad I read this post. Third floor boxes and boxes of brass empty boxes and other reloading items. Basement 310 tools, shotgun wads, and hulls, hulls upstairs too. Farm most of ammo, guns and currant reloading items, dies and presses. As I'm off work I try to make a few trips, a day up to third floor, aim is two boxes a day, about an hour, after an hour left leg is acting up. Buddy stops by to move anything heavy. So I'm glad I'm normal :p

Houndog
03-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Don't bee to hard on the guy! Once upon a time a long time ago my bran spankin new loading room in my brand new house looked just like that FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS! Give that poor soul a little time! This too shall pass!

kmrra
03-10-2017, 10:19 PM
maybe we should take up a collection and sen him to rehab

jonp
03-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Only one logical explanation: Advance alien scout trying to blend in. The truth is out there.

Nada. He is obviously a Russian Spy. It's the Russians.....

762 shooter
03-11-2017, 08:42 AM
As long as he didn't say,

"I come in peace."

runfiverun
03-11-2017, 12:29 PM
that life preserver from the Titanic doesn't happen to be filled with Kapok does it?
if so i'll give you a slightly wrinkled 1$, count it, one,, dollar bill for it.

Col4570
03-11-2017, 12:46 PM
I bet the Guy with the tidy Workshop folds his Pyjamas.

nagantguy
03-11-2017, 01:15 PM
I bet the Guy with the tidy Workshop folds his Pyjamas.
Probably folds them, after ironing and than into one of those storage bags and all the air sucked out , a label applied and stacked accordingly by color and or weight of material!

woodbutcher
03-11-2017, 04:22 PM
:holysheep Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.Poor soul.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

xs11jack
03-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Run, if I may use the familiar, if I find it again I will for sure send it to you so hang on to the dollar bill.
Ole Jack

clintsfolly
03-11-2017, 09:59 PM
I am here in the mitten too! So if you want send him over my way and just maybe we could make just a little dent in the mess I call my load area!