PDA

View Full Version : why did the Lord Jesus Christ pray twice for the blind man?

johnson1942
03-09-2017, 09:13 PM
remember the incident where Christ made mud from dust and spit and put it in a mans eyes but he had to pray twice to get him to see normal. the first time he only saw shadows the second time he was healed of blindness.WHY? the reason is he gave us an example that if the prayer we say isnt totally answered the first time we should not give up and keep praying so we get a complete answer.every thing Christ did was a example for us. learn his examples and then you will have more success with prayer.

w5pv
03-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Amen!!

1johnlb
03-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Good word Johnson. If we don't see change the first time, don't give up. No good thing will He withhold from us.

I've always heard it taught very similarly as if the guy still had clay in his eyes or something. That his sight was still blurry. The word that's translated clearly is only used once and also had 2 other meaning in english, distinctly and plainly. I for one don't think Jesus had a power or authority shortage and it should have been written plainly, as in normal.

Food for thought.

I think that in mark 8 24 and 25. That when Jesus prayed the first time and the man opened his eyes and saw men like trees. That he saw more than he was surposed to, as in the army of giant war angels that was encamped around the Lord. We know from the old testament that in several places of how angels and the sons of God are described as giants and depicted as trees. Which would explain the use of the word trees. Then Jesus prayed the second time so that he would see just the normal things. We also see in the verse directly after that Jesus told the man not to go to town nor tell anyone. Always before it was so that the glory of God is revealed, but if the man had told them about the giants, he definitely would have been stoned.