View Full Version : Lead Available from the Government

William Yanda
03-08-2017, 06:56 AM
758lbs - 3,128lbs
Lead Bars
@
Santa Rita, GU
(Lots 8400 - 8412)

I wondered about GU-its Guam. Oh well, if I had it, I'd be wondering how to make it fit my dripomatic.

lightman
03-08-2017, 11:31 AM
There are a lot of government auctions with brass, lead and other scrap. It seems to be a bit of a hassle though. Usually these involve some travel, a way to deal with large amounts, getting on the bid list, ect ect. If you wanted to be in the business this would be a good thing but like I said, it could be a hassle for a small volume caster. It still makes your mouth water to see tons of lead or brass don't it?

When the first gulf war started we had a local guy buying stuff at these auctions. He bought an old tractor truck and had enough unemployed family to load, haul, unload and sort this stuff. He bought all kinds of stuff, from nuts and bolts to flack jackets, even a jet trainer! I bought 2 pallets of 50 caliber ammo cans from him for $1 each. I could not get him interested in any lead or brass though!

Toymaker
03-08-2017, 12:49 PM
HA !!!! I grew up on Saipan!! Got good friends there, on Tinian AND on Guam. Maybe I'll see what they can do for me.

MaryB
03-10-2017, 01:37 AM
Now if it is a hazardous substance you need to be licensed to bid on it. I have picked up a few pieces of electronic test equipment from auctions that would ship, restored them and flipped them for double what I paid.

MUSTANG
03-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Hmmm Guam. USPS ships flat rate to/from Guam as if it were in CONUS; just takes longer. Any members in Guam or family members that could smelt and cast into Small Flat Rate Box size ingots?