PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a .32 S&W Long chamber reamer with interchangeable pilots?

Buckshot Bill
03-08-2017, 12:49 AM
Deleted

DougGuy
03-08-2017, 01:13 AM
Your reamer is for a rifle, they are quite different from a cylinder reamer. Dave Manson makes them too. You could look up the SAAMI specs and see what the bore diameter is supposed to be, you could slug or pound cast the throat but you need the bore diameter for the pilot not the groove diameter, if you are going to use it on future projects, you need a range of pilots in half thousandth increments. I usually use a pin gage to find bore diameter, then use the same size pilot.

I can't pull up SAAMI specs for this cartridge so I cannot give you a range of pilots to order..

M-Tecs
03-08-2017, 01:23 AM
The PT&G web site is not very user friendly. Just call them up and they will make whatever you want. The phone people are very knowledgeable, but, if they can't answer you question they will connect you with the owner Dave Kiff. Dave knows his stuff.

For removable pilots standard are the most common but the USR pilots are longer with oil grooves designed for through the muzzle flush systems.

Outpost75
03-08-2017, 11:44 AM
JGS has a print for .32 S&W Long CIP Wadcutter, which is NOT intended for a revolver cylinder, but a semi-auto target pistol.

John Taylor also has a ".32 S&W Long Rifle" reamer which he used to chamber my relined and restored Army & Navy Cooperative Society Rook Rifle. From measuring chamber cast slug this reamer has .380 diameter rim seat 0.055" deep from breech face, with base diameter .338 ahead of rim, tapering to .3375 at case mouth .96 from breech face, with 8 degs. 30' Basic transition from the the case mouth to a .313" ball seat with .050" cylindrical throat and 3 degrees Basic forcing cone.

Hope this helps.