PDA

View Full Version : A parable

Boaz
03-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Matthew 22; 15-22
Parable ....Give unto Cesar

15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk. 16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. 17 Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test Me, you hypocrites? 19 Show Me the tax money.”
So they brought Him a denarius.
20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”
21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”
And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” 22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way.

buckwheatpaul
03-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Today we had Matthew text on the devil wanting Jesus to the stones into bread; to throw himself off the temple top; and finally off the peak in the wilderness......all were tests of Jesus by satan and finally he rebuked him and sent him on his way.....there is a parallel here.....pay your taxes and still give of a happy heart because the taxes we pay were earned through Him allowing us to earn it....all we have came through God and I give thanks for the grace he gives me....even though I do not necessarily deserve it.

USMC87
03-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Render to man the things that he claims, but render to God what is His.

GhostHawk
03-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Hard to go wrong with that if you give as freely to God as you give to those in authority.

Pine Baron
03-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Render unto Caesar, doesn't mean we have to like it. Render unto God, with joy.

buckwheatpaul
03-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Render unto Caesar, doesn't mean we have to like it. Render unto God, with joy.

Pine Baron is right....I dont often like paying taxes but I do....but each Sunday our minister reminds us to give with joy! Thanks Pine Baron!