PDA

View Full Version : My First Papusas

Shiloh
03-05-2017, 09:33 AM
With practice, I'll be able to get more filling in my papusas. Central American stuffed corn tortillas. Thick ones. Tastes great. These have black beans and crumbled chorizo in them. No cheese though, the bride has trouble with dairy.

Shiloh

DougGuy
03-16-2017, 02:29 AM
I LOVE those things!! There is a local Salvadoran take out place that makes them the real Salvadoran way, they have different fillings they use but all of them have cheese in them, traditionally they have pork and cheese or cheese and refried beans, but they also have lorocco which I think is some kind of flower blossom, they have squash blossoms, and I think nopales, which is cactus, among others that I can't understand enough Spanish to figure out what's in them. These things are THE BOMB too buddy!!

Yours look good!! There is a few youtube vids on making them, just makes me want some now!!

Shiloh
03-16-2017, 09:44 AM
A guatemalan lady i work with liked them. She called them something else, but knew them as papusas as well.
Her mom makes Guatemalan and Central American food. I'm fortunate. It is so good!

SHiloh