PDA

View Full Version : Lcp-9

44man
03-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Friend is buying one from his friend so he brought his wife to shoot it.
I was surprised how well it shot at 10-12 yards.
However we had a problem with the loads. Most would not go off, some would with two strikes, others not even with 4, pin strike is very light.
The box came with the gun and I don't remember the name on the box but the head stamp is Perfecta, made in Italy.
I am thinking they have military grade primers so I told him to buy something else to try.
Other then that the hammer spring is not strong enough.
Has anyone else had the problem?

Thumbcocker
03-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Our LCP eats anything. Favorite boolit is Lee 125 RNFP sized ,358. The raw accuracy is there but the sights are regulated for close in. Our is dead on at 7 yards, 1.5" high at 15 and 8" + high at 25. It is still 1/2 a soda can high at 50. If you can hold it steady and calculate sight picture it will throw dirt on a soda can at 50. Better shot might get better results. Power pistol has worked best for us. Seating depth takes some adjusting.

C. Latch
03-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Mine ate everything - I was very surprised at how accurate and reliable it was - but I traded it for an M&P Shield, which, honestly, I like even better.

jmort
03-05-2017, 09:42 AM
There is no such thing as an LCP 9
I assume you are referring to the
LC9
I have two LC9s Pros
Excellent guns. Would buy them again.
Lot of good choices in this catagory
Glock 43, M&P Shield, XDs 9
I also have an XDS 9 and love it.
As for the .380 ACP LCPs, get the LCP II

44man
03-05-2017, 09:51 AM
Yeah, that's the one. He took it home so I got it wrong.
I wonder if there is a way to find out the primers used in these rounds? Even fired brass has a tiny dimple.

tygar
03-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Mine works fine & is also accurate.

str8wal
03-05-2017, 02:39 PM
I would withhold judgement until another brand(s) of ammo were tried.

Boogieman
03-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Wife bought a LC9S , She loves it. It fired Blazer &, Rem-UMC factory loads and hand loads using S&B, CCI, and Winchester primers about 500 rds. without a FTF. I would give your gun a good cleaning, check the firing pin channel for dirt & for a binding pin or spring. A quick check for a weak pin strike is to make sure the gun is EMPTY , put a wooden pencil ,eraser end down, in the barrel point it straight up and fire it.

44man
03-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Wife bought a LC9S , She loves it. It fired Blazer &, Rem-UMC factory loads and hand loads using S&B, CCI, and Winchester primers about 500 rds. without a FTF. I would give your gun a good cleaning, check the firing pin channel for dirt & for a binding pin or spring. A quick check for a weak pin strike is to make sure the gun is EMPTY , put a wooden pencil ,eraser end down, in the barrel point it straight up and fire it.
Gun is not mine but it was clean and lubed. I have to wait for him to get other makes.
Have to wait a month, he is going to Texas to inspect choppers used on the border.