PDA

View Full Version : Opinion Needed on Seller who Jack Up the price

bouncer50
03-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Their was a seller in the last few days in S&S who wanted to sell a set of dies and 30 rounds of once fired brass for 30.00 dollars. I send him a pm telling him i will buy his item. He pm me back telling me he found 20 more rounds of brass. NOW he want 45.00 dollars for his item. Now he change his selling ad to 50 round and dies for 45.00 Now i can buy the brass new for 50 cent each to be fair once fired brass should be worth 25 cent each. My opinion this guy has no honor. I would like other to tell me what your opinion on this guy.:?:

koehlerrk
03-04-2017, 10:17 PM
His brass is gaining in value faster than quantity...

I think the management needs this persons name.

HeavyMetal
03-04-2017, 10:21 PM
How bad do you need the dies and brass?

as for me I'd beg forgiveness and back out of the deal.

54bore
03-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Their was a seller in the last few days in S&S who wanted to sell a set of dies and 30 rounds of once fired brass for 30.00 dollars. I send him a pm telling him i will buy his item. He pm me back telling me he found 20 more rounds of brass. NOW he want 45.00 dollars for his item. Now he change his selling ad to 50 round and dies for 45.00 Now i can buy the brass new for 50 cent each to be fair once fired brass should be worth 25 cent each. My opinion this guy has no honor. I would like other to tell me what your opinion on this guy.:?:

This is BS! He should have to honor his deal! He could offer you the other and you either take or leave it, but he still should have to stick with his original deal!

bubba.50
03-04-2017, 10:27 PM
I have a plain & simple way of dealin' with gougers-I don't!

Greg S
03-04-2017, 10:28 PM
PM him that you were interested in the original deal and you would be willing to purchase it but with the additional brass, not so much.

Rattlesnake Charlie
03-04-2017, 10:28 PM
How bad do you need the dies and brass?

as for me I'd beg forgiveness and back out of the deal.

No begging required. The seller changed the details of the deal, making it a totally new offer. Walk away with a clean concision.

StolzerandSons
03-04-2017, 10:38 PM
It is your money and until you hand it over to someone else you are in total control. If the seller changes the deal and you don't like it then don't send him your money...it's pretty simple.

rancher1913
03-04-2017, 11:02 PM
no mater what, make sure the mods know what happened, if its a common theme with this person then they can act.

kingstrider
03-04-2017, 11:26 PM
I hate it when someone welches on a deal. Report it to the moderators so they can look into it further.

bedbugbilly
03-04-2017, 11:51 PM
If you want the original deal, then I'd tell him that the agreement was for that and you'll take it - if you still want it. But if he says no, then I'd tell him to take a hike - and I would put it plainly in a response to his thread in the WTS/WTS - but do it nicely. Others will get the hint - especially if you put - original deal was for X and X at $$ so I guess I'm no longer interested. Then I'd also let the mods know as if it is a common thing for the individual, they should know. Personally, if I were the seller - I'd have contacted you and completed the original deal and thrown in the extra brass as "good will".

Karma is a wonderful thing . . . good deeds are repaid by good deeds . . . bad deeds . . . well . . . .

BrassMagnet
03-05-2017, 12:00 AM

I believe it is time to close this thread.
The thread is still open and it has been edited; however, there are no additional posts. No "I'll take it!"
Sending a PM offer doesn't carry the same meaning as an "I'll take it!" posted in the thread. Not even if it is a full price offer!

There was no deal called (in my opinion!) so the seller had the right to edit his thread. He may not have seen the PM before the change in his sale thread.
Had there been a posted "I'll take it!" and the edit time stamp occurred after the posted "I'll take it!" then I would have felt this thread had merit.

runfiverun
03-05-2017, 12:52 AM
in this case you can either back out and say so on the thread.
or take him up on his new sale.