PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to DougGuy

Char-Gar
03-04-2017, 04:35 PM
I sent DougGuy a Colt 45 Auto barrel for his full treatment of throating, muzzle crowning and feed ramp polish. It came back to me with a very quick turn around.

I loaded up some 45 ACP ammo with my old favorite Lyman 452423 over 4.5/Bullsye. However this time I seated the bullet out as far as it would go and still feed through the magazine. The bullet so loaded would still "plunk" in the barrel just fine.

With 8 magazines loaded with this stuff, I headed for our range on the Rio Grande River hard up against the Republic of Mexico. Tacking up a few targets and thinking "Remember the Alamo", I let fly. All eight mags were empties in jig time with good accuracy and nary a bobble. I reloaded the mags and did it again. Still there were no jams, misfeeds or any kind of problems. That is 112 rounds downrange with zero stoppages. That is better than I could do with the bullet seated down for the past 55 years. The throat enable a longer round, which was a whole new ball game. Here is a pic of the bullet loaded the old way and another the new way. Another pic of the Colt that flung them is also included.

I am very pleased with the turn around time, the quality of the work and the results on the range. Thanks DougGuy.

Charles Graff

jrayborn
03-04-2017, 05:13 PM
very nice!

Bodean98
03-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Those results mirror mine! I would highly recommend DougGuy for any of this kind of work. I might mention that his prices are a pittance for the work he supplies!

Adam20
03-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Sent 2 cylinders to him this week, glad to here of the high quilty of work. Have been lurking around this site for a while. I joined so I could pm him to sent stuff in. Will start casting before long have been fighting the urge to start casting for some time.

Bzcraig
03-04-2017, 11:51 PM
Doug's work is second to none, he's done 4 barrels for me.

jonp
03-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Brought a Blackhawk Convertible down to him for work and talked while he did his thing. Great job on it and he is highly recommended.

scattershot
03-10-2017, 11:45 PM
I can vouch for him, too. I sent two cylinders for him to work his magic on. Beautiful work, and a surprisingly fast turnaround. Thanks, Doug!

44man
03-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Thank you all. I have never had work done since I do my own but consider him a friend with the knowledge to help you. I am so happy you appreciate Doug. We are privileged with good friends.
Felix was also great so please, a moment of silence and a prayer.
You are all such wonderful people I am proud to be here.