PDA

View Full Version : Euroarms .36 Remington Navy question

greenmntranger
03-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Picked up a 1972 unfired Euroarms Remington Navy last week. Loaded it up with .375 RB with barley a shaved ring. Thinking I might need .380 RB. Anyone have any knowledge whith this model?

pill bug
03-05-2017, 06:29 AM
From what I understand, the Euroarms Remington navy has a scaled down frame for 36 cal instead of a large 44 cal frame bored for 36 cal like all the other repro companies offer. that in itself makes it a unique and interesting pistol.

I'm thinking that if you are shaving a ring off the .375 RB you are right where you need to be. Seems like you are getting a good tight fit with outgoing to .380

Wayne Smith
03-05-2017, 09:05 AM
As long as the ring is a complete, unbroken circle, you are good to go. If it is broken or partial go larger.

bob208
03-05-2017, 12:35 PM
all depends. are the chambers straight or chamfered. straight you are doing ok. if chamfered you should just see some deformation around the edge of the ball. but some people don't see a ring of lead on a chamfered chamber and get worried.

Hellgate
03-05-2017, 08:01 PM
I have both the 36 & 44 cal Euroarms Remington. They all have the same size frame. The Euroarms/ASP Remingtons have smaller frames than the big, klunky Piettas. Uberti Remingtons are lighter than the Piettas too. If you were to handle a Euro/ASP Navy Remington and then a Pietta you would swear the Euro is on a smaller frame. It isn't so much smaller but certainly weighs less than any Remington you pick up.

greenmntranger
03-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the input and suggestions. I did notice that the frame was smaller than the Pietta, and lighter too.