PDA

View Full Version : Thought it was going to be a good day

ubetcha
03-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Finally had a chance to get to the range today. I think I should have stayed home. Started shooting my SBH in 44mag. Had the cylinder gap to close to my front bag rest and blow a hole in the material. Well taped it up and kept shooting only now hold away from rest. Going good until I reached over to my shooting bag and knocked my Nikon Action 6x50 binoculars off the bench onto the concrete. Broke the left objective tube off of the main body.😠. Have to send that back to Nikon for repair estimate. Last thing happened was shooting my last test load and was experiencing high recoil,sticky extraction and semi flattened primers. Did have trouble cocking hammer back a times until I noticed that my cylinder base pin latch was missing. Now try and find the missing parts on a wet muddy dirty concrete firing line. Club is installing noise deflectors and there is mud all over. I was lucking enough to find the cap and latch pin,but not the spring. Stopped a the LGS and ordered a new spring. That last load was a 240 gr Lee swc with 10.5 gr unique. Looked at my loading info I refer to and did not find that load listed.😨. Well I hope to get to range tomorrow and shoot my T/C Contender with a Super 16 bbl in 223rem. Even with all that went wrong, it was still good to get out and shoot.

Skunk1
03-02-2017, 07:35 PM
That's a rough day indeed. Hope tomorrow goes better. We all have our days.

runfiverun
03-02-2017, 08:06 PM
you didn't find the rear sight insert to my 325-C while you were down there looking for your parts did you?

Budzilla 19
03-02-2017, 08:07 PM
What, no flat tire on the way home? Lol, just kidding! Coulda been worse, like not finding that pin, I mean. They happen sometimes, those days!

Thumbcocker
03-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Lost the ejector rod housing and screw for my favorite .44 mag. in the woods doing some "realistic" practice from my tree stand.

Bodean98
03-02-2017, 09:08 PM
A bad day shooting still trumps a good day WORKING!!!!!

ubetcha
03-02-2017, 09:32 PM
What, no flat tire on the way home? Lol, just kidding! Coulda been worse, like not finding that pin, I mean. They happen sometimes, those days!

I consider myself extremely luck to find the pin and cap. I think if I would have found the spring, I would be afraid of being struck by lightening.

44man
03-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Yeah with Unique too. try 300, 320 and 330 gr with 296.
You were a little hot but want flat primers and stuck brass, try the 4227's.
Want a mag, use the right powder. You never increase a fast powder.