PDA

View Full Version : Brass?

nagantguy
03-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I didn't know where this would belong so I'll put it here I didn't see a brass section. Star line brass, good stuff most would agree I think does anyone else thing it cleans up better easier and quicker than other brass? It's something I've noticed for a long time and never really told anyone for fear they would think I've gone round the bend! Next observation ; Weatherby brass (yes I know most is Norma) I have 257, 7mm and 300 and that brass takes forever to get shined and sparkly and is the first to discolor and get finger print smudges, anyone else notice similar in either case?

NoAngel
03-02-2017, 07:28 PM
I'm not going to discredit the clean-up comment, but it's worth mentioning that Starline brass usually stays cleaner to begin with. It's used by us handloaders and we have to pay real money for it. Out of all the brass made on earth, I will bet money Starline is the brand that falls on the ground the LEAST amount. If it does hit the ground, it is PROMPTLY retrieved.

Skunk1
03-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Guess I never noticed. Tumble, load, shoot. Most of mine doesn't look like anything close to new, even the starline.

Fishman
03-02-2017, 11:45 PM
I think you are right about the starline for what it's worth.