PDA

View Full Version : Recut XDs slide

Silvercreek Farmer
02-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Dad's XDs was failing to return to battery so he sent it back to Springfield. They said they "recut the slide". Has anyone else encountered this? Did it help?

bedbugbilly
02-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Just curious as to how old the XD is?

And no, I don't think I have ever read on any of the forums I' on about a slide being recut by Springfield. Does he have it back and did it solve the problem?

Thnx!

Silvercreek Farmer
02-28-2017, 10:35 PM
It probably 2-3 years old. Seemed to work fine when he bought it, then he sent it in for the trigger recall. He didn't shoot it for a while afterwards, but when he did, none of the Win, Rem, or Blaser ball ammo would function properly. It's in the mail back to him right now.

bedbugbilly
03-01-2017, 04:05 PM
It will be interesting to see when he gets it back if it is the original slide and if you can tell if it has been "re-cut" or iif it is a whole new slide?

When I think of recutting a slide, I think of recutting the rail channels but I'm not a gunsmith nor do I have a Springfield - but I will be getting one shortly in 45 ACP to switch out to for my EDC. If it was sent back on the trigger recall, is/was there something that had to be recut on the slides in order for the new changes to function the way they should?

Hopefully the got it taken care of so it will run alright when he gets it back. Nothing more frustrating than something that doesn't work. Good luck and I hope you'll do a write up on it.