PDA

View Full Version : CMP store visit: which one?

Elkins45
02-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Is there a difference between the North and South stores in terms of the number and variety of rifles for sale? Port Clinton is closer, but I could visit a couple of other places on the way to Anniston. Any preferences?

mtnman31
02-28-2017, 09:16 PM
I've only been to the Camp Perry store while attending Nationals. Personally, I probably wouldn't make a special trip to the store. My advice, attend the CMP week of Nationals in July and hit the store then. You'll have a ton of fun shooting the CMP vintage matches (M1 carbine, M1 Garand, vintage sniper, etc).

garandsrus
02-28-2017, 09:28 PM
The south store always has more and better stuff than the North store. Sometimes very different.

Texas by God
03-03-2017, 06:00 PM
I'd be like a honeybee in a honeysuckle bush in a CMP store! Flying from this one to that one and on and on.

dg31872
03-05-2017, 09:04 AM
Never been to either store, but I was stationed at McClellan back in the sixties, and it certainly is beautiful country.
At least it was back then.

Rich/WIS
03-07-2017, 09:20 PM
If you are asking I am assuming you haven't checked the CMP forum, there are usually updates from people who have been to the stores. Good info on what was in the racks. I also assume you have your paperwork together to purchase a rifle.

Electric88
03-07-2017, 10:14 PM
I haven't been to the Port Clinton store in a few years, so I'm not sure how much of anything they have now. I would suggest the Anniston store, only because the weather will be warmer /nicer for you there.

broomhandle
03-08-2017, 12:37 AM
Seems like the south store gets more postings on the CMP board. Selection there is not like past years at all!
Then again the guys at the North store, just might be smarter by NOT posting & keeping all info on the guns to themselves & other local people!

I was only at the North store once, it appears that the new South store is smaller!

broomhandle

Shiloh
03-09-2017, 09:46 AM
The inventory varies all the time at both stores. I've seen nice m-1's from both. Never been there myself.

SHiloh

Forrest r
03-10-2017, 07:44 AM
You should time your visit when the nationals are going on at the north store.

Vendors row has excellent deals on primers/powders/firearms. The cmp also puts out everything they have laying around including the kitchen sink for the different events of the summer.

Unfortunately the cmp is no where near what it used to be. Last time I went (2008?) was after the nationals. Just happened to be traveling in the area so I stopped in. They were selling ammo cans full of 30-06 brass for $5 a can full limit 6 per person. So I picked up 6 cans a rack grade m1 garand and a 03a3 that read 0/0 and a kimber 22lr.