PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With a Lyman Turret

Virginia John
02-28-2017, 02:20 PM
I picked up a used Lyman turret press and everything seems to work fine except I am having a devil of a time trying to adjust the primer feed so that it will work. Are there any videos or step by step instructions on the proper procedure? I downloaded the instruction manual which wasn't a whole lot of help with specifics. Thanks.

Teddy (punchie)
02-28-2017, 02:36 PM
Couple of different ones which one do you have?

Pressman
02-28-2017, 03:17 PM
Teddy is right, there are 7, at least, Lyman turret press models. Can you narrow it down?
Ken

Virginia John
02-28-2017, 06:32 PM
I appologize for the incomplete information. The one I have is a T MAG ll. The press functions well, I am just having a difficult time with the primer feed alignment.

too many things
02-28-2017, 11:51 PM
not sure what you asking ? Is the ram lining right? it could be the primer arm needs shim washers on each side. are you sure the primer arm is for the right press? many will inter change but if they were not made for that press they would not line up right . to deep /to shallow

Virginia John
03-01-2017, 12:31 PM
My alignment problem has to do with the angle and depth of the primer arm.

L Erie Caster
03-02-2017, 05:28 PM
If you mean aligning the primer feed tube with the priming arm, that is just one of those things that takes a lot of patient adjustment. I can’t tell you how long it took me to get it into an acceptable position.

Virginia John
03-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Finally done. One would think that some sort of stop or alignment marks would have been appropriate,

Norske
03-07-2017, 11:28 PM
I quit using the primer tubes that came with my old Lyman turret press after a small pistol primer turned sideways in the tube. goggles, visor, and a stiff wire at arm's length got it out. I now handle all primers one at a time, even in my MEC shotshell loaders.

John Guedry
03-10-2017, 01:41 PM
I started with a Lyman T-Mag. And was complaining about the problems with the primer feed to a friend and he solved it for me "throw that away and get a Lee hand primer". I followed his advice and 20+ yrs later it works wonderfully.