PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Mould Handles

What Cheer
07-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Lyman's mould handles now look like Saeco/Redding handles, are they the same? In the Lyman catalog it states the handles will fit all current Lyman moulds. What is considered a current Lyman mould?

Thanks,

What Cheer

floodgate
07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
What Cheer:

Can't answer about the SAECO/Redding handles, but the new Lyman style handles fit only the larger single- and 2-cavity Lyman blocks (1-1/2"h x 1-3/8"w x 1-1/4" front-to-back); they won't properly close the old, small single-cavity ones (1-3/8"h x 1-3/16"w x 1" front-to-back) which were discontinued many years ago, but are still around. The new 4-cavity handles are identical, but the jaws have been thinned to about 3/16" to fit the narrower slots in the 4-cavity blocks.

floodgate

GabbyM
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM
You can't put a Lyman mould on a Saeco handle. So I'd say they aren't the same.

azrednek
07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm using Lee handles on my 2 cavity Saeco molds. The hole the screw goes through on the Lee handles will have to be opened just slightly.

Raghorn
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm using Lee handles on my 2 cavity Saeco molds. The hole the screw goes through on the Lee handles will have to be opened just slightly.

Are you using the 6 banger handles?:confused:

What Cheer
07-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks to all who responded to my question.

floodgate, the information on the mould blocks is exactly what I needed. Many of my moulds are old Lyman single cavity type. I'll have to keep my eyes open at gun shows/shops for the old style handles.

Thanks again gentlemen.

Best regards,

What Cheer