View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
02-26-2017, 09:13 AM
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?—Hebrews 1:14 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=8f749f4033&e=3dd732485b)Wouldn’t it be interesting if you had actually met an angel and didn’t even know it? In fact, it is even possible that you have personally met an angel, because Hebrews 13:2 tells us, “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.”

In fact, when we read in the Bible of angels appearing, many times they were mistaken for men. They had to reveal the fact that they were indeed angels sent from God. Angels are actively involved in our lives as Christians on a regular basis.

Billy Graham described angels as “God’s secret agents.” I like that because they are undercover, really. They are not out to draw attention to themselves. They do the work of God and point us to Jesus Christ. That is their role. Angels are working behind the scenes, even when we are praying.

On one occasion in the Old Testament, the prophet Elisha’s servant woke up and saw the armies of their enemy closing in on them. He was filled with fear, but Elisha said, “Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see” (2 Kings 6:17 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://2)). The servant’s eyes were opened to the supernatural realm, and he was able to see what was actually going on behind the scenes. He was able to see the angelic protection that is around the children of God.

We have the assurance that God is with His people. We’re never alone. Of course, Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us (see Hebrews 13:5). That’s the most important thing of all. But He has promised that His angels are for us. And certainly this gives us hope in these troubled times in which we are living. When danger is around, the angels of God are with us

USMC87
02-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Amen, I know Angels are among us.

Pine Baron
02-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Allow me to share my thoughts.
Recently my brother had to go into Philly for a medical issue. He was anxious about the whole thing, driving in, finding a place to stay overnight, and, not to mention, the actual procedure itself. Unfamiliar territory and an unknown experience had him "freaking out". I advised that to relax, just say the Lord's prayer, look around for the angels that surround us, and enjoy the adventure.
Afterwards, he thanked me and related how well it all turned out, and he indeed found the angels he was seeking. He saw one on the streets, he saw one at the hotel and he saw one at the hospital, attending him.
Indeed angels are real and here all around us. It only requires opening our"hearts".

Blackwater
02-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Great post! Now all of us are always given to see them, but indeed, angels are all about us. And even one angel is more powerful than anything that can be sent against it. We are fragile, easily discouraged all too often, and our Faith sometimes flounders when challenged. But Faith never leaves us. I've seen a few examples of people abandoning their faith, usually out of anger in insisting that God grant them what they wanted, rather than what they got. But I've never seen Faith fail, if we hold to it, no matter what befalls us. Just like with Elisha, we need to come to KNOW that God and His angels surround us daily, no matter what we're involved in and no matter what kind of challenges we face. Faith that never overcomes anything, or sees us through hard times, is faith easily lost. Elisha's example is one of the best I know of. He shows not only faith, but the vision that we sometimes get of real angels that can protect us, when that's God's will. And he KNEW God's will, and simply went with it. We could learn many things from Elisha's example. We like to think we're steadfast in our beliefs, but really ... are we? That's a thorny question sometimes, until one comes to the full fruition of realizing the true value of our simple Faith. And that takes most of us a while. It's taken me almost all my life! But there really is no substitute for it, ever. Nothing will be more valuable and useful in our lives than our simple, real Faith, and the knowledge that it's all really true.