PDA

View Full Version : Andela Mould

Bent Ramrod
02-25-2017, 09:47 PM
All.

I bought some Andela artifacts a while back, including a bullet mould, a lubricator and a bullet starter. The mould is on the upper right of the picture.

My question is: Is the sprue cutter the way they came on Andela moulds? Does anybody have one that they can check and compare? I don't know why a sprue cutter would be set up like this, because the least spill or splash and the cutter is mechanically locked to the top of the mould by the hardened lead, slowing production down drastically.

I went to Andela's web site for info and it looks like they are completely out of the reloading tool business. They now make a machine that grinds glass bottles up for recycling. Best wishes to them in their new endeavor, of course, but they made some top notch stuff for casters and reloaders.

fred2892
02-26-2017, 04:19 AM
Sprue plate looks home made to me. Makes no sense to have one that doesn't cover the top surface of the mould. Everything else in the pic looks well made.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Bent Ramrod
02-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Thanks, Fred. Guess I need to cobble up a "real" sprue plate for the mould.

Yes, it's all very well done. The lubricator came with a proprietary brass die but it takes Lyman/RCBS dies as well.

runfiverun
02-27-2017, 01:04 PM
I'd try it with the plate you got there first.