PDA

View Full Version : Super Redhawk problem

Cold Trigger Finger
02-23-2017, 10:46 PM
What would cause a SRH to not advance the cylinder. It has happened to me 3 times now. Which our of only 2 cylinder fulls is unbelievably HORRIBLE.
I was shooting factory 325 gr XTP ammo so, that shouldn't be the problem.
Has anyone else experienced and problem like this ?
I was shooting single action at a slow cadence.
Thanks for any insight!
Glen.

Texas by God
03-03-2017, 12:46 PM
If it operates normally unloaded in all positions( normal, pointed down, pointed up, sideways, upside down)- then I would look for primer drag on the recoil shield or less likely OAL of the cartridges. Try different ammo. Without the gun in hand it's hard to say. I hope this helps.
Best, Thomas.

Cold Trigger Finger
03-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Texas;
I took it to a gunsmith friend, he fiddled around with it. He discovered the insides were devoid of any lubrication. He told me to lube it up good and Dry fire it a bunch . I did and at this point all is well.
What was happening, as this is basically an older gun that had only 1 cylinder full of factory ammo run thru it. There was a minor tough spot somewhere , so the ratchet spur sometimes would not protrude enough to engage the star to advance the cylinder.
So far, since oiling it , everything is working 100%.
Thank you for your reply.
Glen.

Texas by God
03-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Good to hear. Shoot the snot out of it. You won't wear that truck of a revolver out.
Best, Thomas.

I know I'm being watched- that's why I have Tourette Syndrome in both middle fingers........