PDA

View Full Version : ARs days number

Leadmelter
02-23-2017, 10:08 PM
I read somewhere that the Federal appeal court ruled that AR are subject to regulations. The argument that the AR are semi auto did meet their litmus test.
Leadmelter
MI

dbosman
02-23-2017, 10:45 PM
We'll see. So far, it's three states.
http://www.activistpost.com/2017/02/federal-appeals-court-decides-uphold-ban-military-style-rifles.html

Mark74a1
02-23-2017, 11:26 PM
And unsurprisingly California is still anti everything...

imashooter2
02-24-2017, 12:27 AM
Wasn't there a case back in the '30s with a relevant decision?

"In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument."

oldblinddog
02-24-2017, 01:33 AM
The Second specifically protects military weapons. What else would a militia use?

Texas by God
02-24-2017, 08:26 AM
I doubt certain states would comply. My native one comes to mind.

Tackleberry41
02-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Even if such a ruling applied on a federal level. An individual state would have to pass a law getting rid of ARs, CA NY, yea, TN, TX, not likely. And considering the glut on the market, dont see the AR being banned any time soon.

Texas by God
02-24-2017, 10:37 AM
If they want a new gun law pass one that requires every house to have one. Best, Thomas.

clearcut
02-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Cali Is forcing us to register our AR's as assault rifles with lots of rules, not as sporting rifles. Or we can make them featureless.
I'm with you'all everyone should have one!
CC

mold maker
02-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Or several !!!

dogmower
02-24-2017, 01:55 PM
Arizona, quietly ignored by the MSM (isn't that surprising), recently passed a law preempting "any federal law which the state legislature deems to be unconstitutional". Basically, if the feds decide to pass a law which our state legislature deems to be unconstitutional, the legal precedent has already been passed that Arizona will IGNORE that federal law!
one of the reasons I moved here, and I will never leave (unless Texas secedes, then, maybe).

Sur-shot
02-24-2017, 02:38 PM
We have our normal Miami moronic idiots and their every year attempt to grab guns. Things are as normal. They yell, fall down, kick and twitch a lot and we just ignore them. NW FL is all but a different planet. We have proposed several times to have north FL separated from south FL. Folks that live here refer to the area as LA, Lower Alabama, not Florida.
Ed

dragon813gt
02-24-2017, 02:46 PM
Arizona, quietly ignored by the MSM (isn't that surprising), recently passed a law preempting "any federal law which the state legislature deems to be unconstitutional". Basically, if the feds decide to pass a law which our state legislature deems to be unconstitutional, the legal precedent has already been passed that Arizona will IGNORE that federal law!
one of the reasons I moved here, and I will never leave (unless Texas secedes, then, maybe).

Sounds great on paper. Now ask the two fellas in Kansas how their state laws worked out for them. I completely agree w/ what Arizona is doing. But when it comes the federal government and gun laws you don't want to run counter to them.

standles
02-24-2017, 04:40 PM
We have our normal Miami moronic idiots and their every year attempt to grab guns. Things are as normal. They yell, fall down, kick and twitch a lot and we just ignore them. NW FL is all but a different planet. We have proposed several times to have north FL separated from south FL. Folks that live here refer to the area as LA, Lower Alabama, not Florida.
Ed

You tell em Ed. Screw that Liberal bastion called south florida

Blanket
02-24-2017, 08:03 PM
court decision by 11 Obama appointees

ShooterAZ
02-24-2017, 08:59 PM
I believe it could happen. We need to get behind our new president, like him or not. We need to keep pushing the liberals backwards. Right now they are highly pizzed off, more so than Iv'e ever seen. They may try to do the unthinkable in 4 years, and we can't let them do it. Otherwise the AR could be in serious trouble. Just my $.02.

00buck
02-24-2017, 09:59 PM
Now why would the guberment want to disarm the citizens?
Especially when all these terrorist are sneaking in with all the refugees..

6bg6ga
02-25-2017, 12:44 AM
You filled out a form when you purchased your AR didn't you?

dragon813gt
02-25-2017, 12:22 PM

Not for all of them. FTF sales are legal here.

gnoahhh
02-25-2017, 02:07 PM
While the AR ban in Maryland is pretty bad, it's not insurmountable. All the LGS's I know are doing a brisk sales of them. Basically it's about the magazine capacity and barrel length. We're unable to buy mags of more than 10 round capacity here in the state- but we may own them. It's a simple matter to drive across the state line and stock up on 20's and 30's, and be perfectly legal. Minimum barrel length is 16" (and/or minimum 29 1/2" overall length), and all AR's must use H-bar contours- if they're sold new here in the state. Doesn't apply to pre-existing ones.

Buying one over the counter here is no more difficult than in any other non- NY/Cali state. Fill out the form we all gotta do, pass the NICS check, and walk out the door with it.

While it is a royal PIA and an affront to we law abiding shooting citizens, in practice it's not the end of the world. On a personal level, I was going to build a 20" H-bar anyway, and I did.

What gripes me is I'm seeing more and more douche's on the internet refusing to sell/ship to Maryland, when in reality it's no harder than selling to a guy in, say, Texas. People are either ignorant, running on rumors, or both. I wish sellers would take the time to research before castigating the whole population of a state.

shoot-n-lead
02-25-2017, 02:12 PM
This decision will be appealed and probably struck down at the SCOTUS...this court created the "test" they ruled on...first time that it has ever been used. If we can get this new judge seated...this decision will be shot down.

dragon813gt
02-25-2017, 03:32 PM
The slightly amusing part about this is that all NFA items are legal in Maryland. Don't buy that evil AR. But pay money to man and you can buy a full auto :laugh:

warboar_21
02-25-2017, 09:59 PM
I believe it could happen. We need to get behind our new president, like him or not. We need to keep pushing the liberals backwards. Right now they are highly pizzed off, more so than Iv'e ever seen. They may try to do the unthinkable in 4 years, and we can't let them do it. Otherwise the AR could be in serious trouble. Just my $.02.

I'm thinking that in two years time Democrats will take the house and Senate. And two years after that they will have the presidency.

shoot-n-lead
02-25-2017, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking that in two years time Democrats will take the house and Senate. And two years after that they will have the presidency.

Sure they will...ha ha ha!

fastdadio
02-25-2017, 10:28 PM

Don't laugh. I'll give you 3 reasons why. #1, they're really pissed off. #2, they're organized. #3, they're about 50% of the voting population.
Are you a gambling man? We conservatives best have our game on because the next time the polls open up, these people are coming back with a vengeance.

dragon813gt
02-25-2017, 10:32 PM
To think they're going to roll over is foolish. If I were a betting man it would be that conservatives rest on their laurels.

warboar_21
02-26-2017, 12:25 AM
If anything look at how the Republicans who are up for reelection in two years are feeling the pressure with repealing Obamacare. Some are saying they don't want to repeal it now. Their offices are being inundated with email, letters, and calls saying their days are numbered.

The only reason Trump won was because Americans didn't want Hillary. If the Democratic party runs a moderate you can bet your bippy they will take the show.

shoot-n-lead
02-26-2017, 12:41 AM
If anything look at how the Republicans who are up for reelection in two years are feeling the pressure with repealing Obamacare. Some are saying they don't want to repeal it now. Their offices are being inundated with email, letters, and calls saying their days are numbered.

The only reason Trump won was because Americans didn't want Hillary. If the Democratic party runs a moderate you can bet your bippy they will take the show.

What is a moderate democrat?

shoot-n-lead
02-26-2017, 12:44 AM
Don't laugh. I'll give you 3 reasons why. #1, they're really pissed off. #2, they're organized. #3, they're about 50% of the voting population.
Are you a gambling man? We conservatives best have our game on because the next time the polls open up, these people are coming back with a vengeance.

If the Republican's lose...it will be their own fault...not something the Democrats do. You can convince yourself of their invincibility, if you like, but I know better. If the Trump agenda is moved forward, it will be a slam dunk.

warboar_21
02-26-2017, 12:51 AM
If the Republican's lose...it will be their own fault...not something the Democrats do. You can convince yourself of their invincibility, if you like, but I know better. If the Trump agenda is moved forward, it will be a slam dunk.
That's just it, the promise to repeal Obamacare is already in jeopardy. If something like that falls through it will have a tremendous impact on the future voters.

I really want to see the President succeeded. I truly want this country to get back on track and getting the debt under control.

shoot-n-lead
02-26-2017, 01:05 AM
That's just it, the promise to repeal Obamacare is already in jeopardy. If something like that falls through it will have a tremendous impact on the future voters.

I really want to see the President succeeded. I truly want this country to get back on track and getting the debt under control.

Well, the Democrats just finished electing their new party chairman a few minutes ago...right now the party is very divided and they are going to have to get organized quickly...if there is a battle for the party platform going forward, it will not bode well for them in the near term elections...especially if the Republicans are actually making progress on getting this mess straightened out.

Something else to remember...in the case of repealing obamacare...if these guys don't get it done, it does not mean that voters will vote for a dem to replace the guy that failed...why would they do that, knowing that a dem congress is not going to repeal obama's pride and joy. It would be more likely that they would vote in another Republican.

I am not saying that the Republicans can't blow it...but, in all likelihood, it will not be enough to shift the power of congress in one term.

warboar_21
02-26-2017, 01:20 AM
Well, the Democrats just finished electing their new party chairman a few minutes ago...right now the party is very divided and they are going to have to get organized quickly...if there is a battle for the party platform going forward, it will not bode well for them in the near term elections...especially if the Republicans are actually making progress on getting this mess straightened out.

Something else to remember...in the case of repealing obamacare...if these guys don't get it done, it does not mean that voters will vote for a dem to replace the guy that failed...why would they do that, knowing that a dem congress is not going to repeal obama's pride and joy. It would be more likely that they would vote in another Republican.
It shows weak leadership and a weak party. You are forgetting a large block of voters out there are independent. If they see that a Republican controlled Congress and president not being able to get anything done then they very well may throw their vote to the Democrats.

I work with plenty of people who are this way.

shoot-n-lead
02-26-2017, 01:26 AM
It shows weak leadership and a weak party. You are forgetting a large block of voters out there are independent. If they see that a Republican controlled Congress and president not being able to get anything done then they very well may throw their vote to the Democrats.

I work with plenty of people who are this way.

There has already been a lot done...despite what has been said. This administration has been working daily at trying to remove layers of bureaucratic regulations...this will be like removing a yoke from business in this country. You need to encourage those people to educate themselves as to what is going on...and get info someplace other than most of television. There are plenty of good news sources online...

It all depends on what they want done.

It they want this stuff turned around...they know better than to put the dem's right back in there.

shoot-n-lead
02-26-2017, 01:40 AM
If they see that a Republican controlled Congress and president not being able to get anything done then they very well may throw their vote to the Democrats.

What do they want to get done?

If they voted for Trump...they voted for the things that he said he would do...they know good and well that the dem's will not do what they voted for Trump to do...why on earth would they immediately turn back to the dem's?

Unless, of course, you work with a bunch of idiots...as some of us do.

fastdadio
02-26-2017, 09:26 AM

I do hope you're right. I am not convinced that they are invincible. The past election proved that. But the three points I mentioned are true and the election was just too close for comfort. I have never been so interested in politics as I am right now. I had given up all hope that this country was salvageable. I pulled the plug on TV years ago because the left wing bias was to the point of being insulting to anyone with a open mind, and they show no sign of backing down. There are millions of people that watch that **** and eat it up. It boggles my mind.

Gtek
02-26-2017, 10:33 AM
What has come to truly amaze me is the ability of the left to flip everything, from history to current events and the gullible non thinking that swallow. Taking a step back and not trusting any of them it does appear that everything the far left accuses the right of they are every bit of that and far worse. I trust neither, it seems to be the lesser of the two evils!

Geezer in NH
02-26-2017, 04:38 PM
what is a moderate democrat?

dead?

dh2
02-26-2017, 05:23 PM
The Dem-o-craps are more pissed off than ever, looks at all of the riots and stuff they are doing to try and get there way. getting dead people and illegals to vote to win the next election is clearly some thing they will do , We have a man in we have to get behind him or risk loosing it all. Hilleary has said and makes no bones about it that she wants to take all guns a way from us one step at a time. getting the AR's and AK's is just one step.

shoot-n-lead
02-26-2017, 05:38 PM
The Dem-o-craps are more pissed off than ever, looks at all of the riots and stuff they are doing to try and get there way. getting dead people and illegals to vote to win the next election is clearly some thing they will do , We have a man in we have to get behind him or risk loosing it all. Hilleary has said and makes no bones about it that she wants to take all guns a way from us one step at a time. getting the AR's and AK's is just one step.

At the present, our largest hurdle to overcome is a Congress that is not getting much done...and it is actually the Senate that is the least productive, to date. At the present rate, the Senate will not have all 500+ administration appointments done by the end of Trumps first term...seriously, that is a true. We are 6 weeks into this administration and they have gotten 14 of 549 appointments through the Senate.

And, unfortunately, that does not even include their roll in moving much contested legislation through to signing.

JBinMN
02-26-2017, 09:19 PM
It would be real nice if the people who are voted in to the office actually represent the people who voted them in there, instead of themselves & the lobbyists, bankers, corporations, etc. that pay them to vote. DOn't be fooled that it does not happen... One way or another. Graft/Bribery is king & happens all the time..
:(

Doesn't really matter what party is involved, it is time to get back to where the people elected actually "Do/Vote the way the people that voted for them want things to be.

Until then, it is an oligarchy & everyone loses... But the ones who payed money to get their way...
:(

Sad , but true.

Texas by God
02-26-2017, 11:08 PM
As far as ARs go, Barack Obama sold more of them than anyone.

warboar_21
02-27-2017, 12:52 PM
At the present, our largest hurdle to overcome is a Congress that is not getting much done...and it is actually the Senate that is the least productive, to date. At the present rate, the Senate will not have all 500+ administration appointments done by the end of Trumps first term...seriously, that is a true. We are 6 weeks into this administration and they have gotten 14 of 549 appointments through the Senate.

And, unfortunately, that does not even include their roll in moving much contested legislation through to signing.
This is what I'm talking about. If the Republicans who have the trifecta can't accomplish a dang thing soon, then a lot of them will be out of a job.

And for those who think they will be replaced by other Republicans they for the most part are delusional. There might be a few but for the most part the incumbent will have the support of the party. They will try and protect their own.

Larry Gibson
02-27-2017, 01:11 PM
President Trump has been POTUS just a little over one month and we're already complaining about "soon"......?

A lot has already been accomplished, a lot more will be accomplished. I didn't expect the progressives, which includes some Republicans, to roll over and play dead and they certainly haven't. If the Republicans and POTUS haven't accomplished a lot in the next 1 1/2 year then we will have something to complain about. Until then we should give them a chance and let our system work.

Just my opinion.

Larry Gibson

trapper9260
02-28-2017, 07:42 AM
President Trump has been POTUS just a little over one month and we're already complaining about "soon"......?

A lot has already been accomplished, a lot more will be accomplished. I didn't expect the progressives, which includes some Republicans, to roll over and play dead and they certainly haven't. If the Republicans and POTUS haven't accomplished a lot in the next 1 1/2 year then we will have something to complain about. Until then we should give them a chance and let our system work.

Just my opinion.

Larry GibsonYou are so right. The Dems found out it is not the same oh game they play with so many Rep in the past. So time will tell how things will be.

Shiloh
02-28-2017, 01:07 PM
This decision violate the Heller decision.

Shiloh

Texas by God
03-01-2017, 11:04 AM
A ballot initiative establishing term limits on Congress and the Supreme Court and Federal Judges would solve a lot of problems. Now excuse me I must feed my unicorns.
Best, Thomas.

Iowa Fox
03-01-2017, 12:43 PM

Buy a 3 pak of quality 80%'s. If you took High School shop class they are no problem.