PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Lowers $40

dverna
02-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Not sure where to post this....move if necessary

Primary Arms has these AR lowers at a good price. Just ordered two.

Tackleberry41
02-21-2017, 02:49 PM
I have seen how cheap lowers are now, I paid $38 for an unfinished 80% lower. Im having hard time understanding how they can make them that cheap. Seems they would slow down, let the inventory go down bring the price back up, vs just pumping out as many as possible hoping to make it up in volume.

popper
02-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Got one at that price from LGS before Christmas. Require a short handle screw & I put a CMC trigger in it, hammer is several thous. high. SIL got 3 over a year ago, same price all worked fine. Takes ~ 15 min. for parts kit install.

Hickory
02-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Link?

308Jeff
02-21-2017, 03:12 PM
http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-ar-15-a3

308Jeff
02-21-2017, 03:13 PM
I think we're killing their webpage...

Boolit_Head
02-21-2017, 03:14 PM
I've picked up a couple of those Anderson lowers. I prefer the closed trigger guard ones but they both are good.

Texas by God
02-21-2017, 03:24 PM
I prefer the closed guard as well. You can pay more for a lower but it won't be better than Anderson. Their barrels are good too and I love their lightweight upper with no dc&fa. Best,Thomas.

Boolit_Head
02-21-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm wondering if they follow a earlier pattern and the closed ear ones go on sale in a week or two.

dverna
02-21-2017, 03:49 PM
For less than the cost of an 80%, and decent customer reviews, I figured there was not much risk. I have the LP kit and an upper...now looking for a good price on the rest of the items to complete the gun.

Speedo66
02-21-2017, 07:32 PM
AIM Surplus generally has both the open and closed trigger guard Anderson's in stock for the same $40.

The copy says they are machined from forged stock. I used one to complete a PSA kit, very happy with it.

dragon813gt
02-21-2017, 07:48 PM
I have four built on these uppers. Not a single thing wrong w/ them. I did have an issue w/ one of their uppers and the FA. I put a plug in it and called it done. Sounds like I have to call my FFL and order two more. May be time to build two big bores :D

Rick R
02-21-2017, 07:51 PM
I have seen how cheap lowers are now, I paid $38 for an unfinished 80% lower. Im having hard time understanding how they can make them that cheap. Seems they would slow down, let the inventory go down bring the price back up, vs just pumping out as many as possible hoping to make it up in volume.

I didn't know that Ruger was selling stripped lowers till last week. Apparently, Ruger acquired 3,000 of them in anticipation of bad things happening after the election in November. Now it's more economic to sell them stripped than build them up with the post election slump in sales. I'd say it's safe to conjecture that everyone who could make a serial numbered lower did so with great promiscuity pre November 8th. :)

bkbville
02-21-2017, 10:00 PM
I saw these at a local FFL for $49 - which I think is a deal as I don't have to pay shipping or transfer!

Like I need any more lowers...

Boolit_Head
02-21-2017, 10:02 PM
Primary is local for me :)

Texas by God
02-21-2017, 11:44 PM
Now if Anderson would get some 20" 5.56 barrels and Sport uppers in stock! I want a 20" built on the Cavarms lower. Best, Thomas.

M-Tecs
02-22-2017, 12:27 AM
I didn't know that Ruger was selling stripped lowers till last week. Apparently, Ruger acquired 3,000 of them in anticipation of bad things happening after the election in November. Now it's more economic to sell them stripped than build them up with the post election slump in sales. I'd say it's safe to conjecture that everyone who could make a serial numbered lower did so with great promiscuity pre November 8th. :)

3,000???? 3,000 would have lasted about 10 minutes if Hillary won. A couple of years ago Brownells had a $49.00 sale on Bushmasters. They ordered 30,000 in the first batch. That lasted 3 or 4 days. It was over a Holliday weekend with an addition 10% off. I ordered 20.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/623323166

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/623326483

Rick R
02-22-2017, 11:19 AM
M-Tecs,
Just relating the story as I read it. The actual gun companies are closed mouth about production numbers so it's hard to tell how many lowers were acquired by them pre-election planning on building them up in the post-election period. Just like the build up of magazine bodies prior to the Assault Weapon Ban. One area gun shop has a literal pile of off brand poly receiver ARish rifles in the middle of their showroom floor for around $499 that I'm sure were destined to be $1,200-$2,000 rifles after Hilary won.

The main thing is this explains the availability of stripped lowers now cheaper than 80% were a few months ago. And an online ammo shop sending out "below cost" ammo sales. And cheap deals of magazines. :)
Some day in the future these will be "the good days"

dragon813gt
02-22-2017, 11:29 AM
The $40 price for stripped lowers isn't new. They were the same price while Obama was still president. That was a year or two ago. Time flies anymore so I can't keep track. They went up slightly due to the election. And now they're back to where they were.

I'm all for flooding the market and cheap prices. It's a win win for the consumer. Makes it more affordable to build/buy one. But the real win is it puts more ARs in citizens hands. More guns out there is a good thing all around.

RP
02-28-2017, 12:34 AM
Are these AR builds worth the time if your looking to save money ? My son is wanting to build one and if he decides to odds are I will also. I do not have a milling machine so I would need to buy the jig which I was not going to figure into the cost of the build.

Boolit_Head
02-28-2017, 12:36 AM
With the 40 dollar stripped lowers you don't need to do any machining or need jigs. They are complete and ready to accept parts. I prefer them because I can build it my way.

Texas by God
02-28-2017, 02:51 PM
The only advantage to an 80% is that it's paperless. Big deal to some; not me.

KMac
02-28-2017, 03:13 PM

Unless you paid cash for it, it really is not paperless.

dragon813gt
02-28-2017, 04:28 PM

In most states you can buy a lower FTF from an individual. There will be a "paper trail" for the original buyer. But after that it can be sold w/out any trail.

Elkins45
02-28-2017, 07:17 PM
Anderson makes those just a few miles from the school where I used to work. I'm always happy to see that "Unbridled Spirit" horse on the side.

I have two. Both are great.

Jcduff936
03-07-2017, 06:38 AM
I bought one of the Anderson Lowers last year from Primary Arms, I believe it was $40 then also but I walked in. I also bought one of their branded Red Dot sights for my wife. They are very well made and have a smaller dot than most others. The Anderson lower is great but it was tighter to get the trigger pins in than the Aero Precision that I used for the wife's build. Another great company that is semi local to me is Radical Firearms. Primary Arms sells some of their stuff at a slightly higher price. You can buy directly from Radical Firearms but it is made after you purchase so you have to wait between 2 to 8 weeks. We have two uppers that they made in 7.62x39 and they are both excellent. These people know how to make these guns! I don't know how, but they are also the most reasonably priced place to make ARs. The last time I checked, it was $560 for a complete build in 5.56, 7.62X39, or 300BO and it's a much better build then the cheap DPMS, Del Ton, Bushmaster, etc. I have their round heat shroud, don't like quad rails, and they make it to accept Magpul rails at almost any orientation that you could think of. Plus it's offered in different lengths. They also have big bore and other rifles. I think that they even started making their own silencers. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Jcduff936
03-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Well, I just checked the Radical Firearms website. It seems that they did go up to $640 for a complete build like I have. IMO, they are worth twice that. They are every bit as good as my Sig or any other that I have shot. It also doesn't show 7.62x39 on their website anymore. I will have to call them because I was really wanting to get one for my dad. Anyway, I just wanted to correct myself on the prices.

Trinidad Bill
03-11-2017, 10:00 AM
When I see these great prices on lowers I always forward them to my son in San Jose, CA. I feel for the folks in California, they cannot participate in any of the great pricing and availablity. They are the ones going for the 80% lowers.

KCcactus
04-03-2017, 11:42 PM
They have the Anderson closed ear stripped lower on sale for $35, limit 2 per household. Still shows them as in stock.

http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-closed-ear-ar-15-a3-lwfor-um-closed

Speedo66
04-08-2017, 03:35 PM
AIM Surplus is currently having a 10% off sale on all their lowers, so this would reduce the price for the Anderson receivers, open and closed trigger guards, to $36.

Use coupon code "lower10".

308Jeff
04-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Makes ya wanna buy 20 of 'em.