PDA

View Full Version : Ruger GP100 Talo Exclusive

54bore
02-21-2017, 05:49 AM
I seen this thing and just couldn't live without it! I am a HUGE fan of Non Fluted Cylinders, When i look at a Revolver with a Solid, Non Fluted Cylinder the first thing that comes to my mind is Rugged Tough, Not that the GP100 needs to be built any tougher, to me it was just a neat touch and looks AWESOME! The wood finger groove grips look really good as well and fit my big Paw like a glove, but i did replace them with a Rubber hogue Monogrip just so i wouldn't beat the wood grips up. This gun shoots REALLY good, fit and finish is good, i decided to go with the Talo Exclusive in hopes that QC, fit and finish would be better, i am sure glad i did as this one is as near flawless as i can tell, which seems to be EXTREMELY rare for Ruger these days. This picture is one i pulled off the computer, it is NOT my image, just shows exactly what my gun looks like. Anyone else have one of these?

rancher1913
02-21-2017, 10:30 AM
no, mine is just a run of the mill gp100, I did put a crimson trace on it so my wife can shoot snakes.

54bore
02-21-2017, 08:08 PM
I have owned 3 GP-100s over the years, a 4" and two 6" they were all stainless regular GP's, not the exclusive editions, the only thing about them I didn't like was the fluted cylinders. I was in a Pawn shop last year that carries lots of new guns as well as used, I spotted this solid cylinder GP under their glass counter and HAD TO HAVE ONE!! Its a total cosmetic thing (ford/chevy) I know their is NOTHING wrong with a fluted Cylinder! I just like the looks of the Solid Unfluted Cylinders WAY better, i have owned numerous Super Blackhawk .44s over the years and all had solid unfluted cylinders, to me they just look tough, rugged, durable! This is why they make different colored socks, not everyone likes the same thing

Crazy Carl
03-04-2017, 02:21 PM
A s/s, 6" GP-100 has been on my wish-list for a while. I'd been thinking about another Bisley .41 Blackhawk next, but this TALO may have pushed its way to the front of the line.

TCLouis
03-04-2017, 11:44 PM
I'd much rather have the unfluted cylinder and it is bound to be cheaper to produce too.

Thumbcocker
03-05-2017, 09:30 AM
I have a preference for unfluted cylinders when the option is available.