PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

Boaz
02-20-2017, 08:12 PM
I'd like to ask you for prayer for an old friend . Willard and I go back a long way , he is a good man . He and his wife attend the same church as myself and Becky . They are always faithful to attend and until the last few years were active in what work they could do . Willard and me helped cooked many prayer breakfast's , it was a lot of good natured kidding and nothing but working together with a lot of loud comedy thrown in . I attended his youngest son's funeral a little over a year ago , I reported it here . The son died of prolonged recreational drug use , a devastating blow to Willard and his wife as they are in their upper 80's . It's always tragic for a parent to bury a child at whatever age .

Brother Willard has many health problems , the Lord is in the process of bringing him home . He is a good man , always quick to call on the Lord and pray . Willard was called randomly many many times to deliver prayer . In your prayer time mention him and his wife Mary .. Just plain good people , he will be missed. I thank you .

(A personal regret ;
Willard was an ardent fisherman , had several boats but liked his pontoon boat the best. He and I so often talked of going fishing a few days but it just never happened due to our obligations or schedule. It's too late now , wish I had made time . Perhaps you might learn from my failing ...don't put it off ...life is short)

LAH
02-20-2017, 08:57 PM
May The Lord bring him peace & comfort till he leaves this vale of tears.

castalott
02-21-2017, 02:36 AM
Sincere Prayers of Faith, Hope, Redemption, Love, Mercy, and Wisdom.... to all...

buckwheatpaul
02-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Father please bring peace and comfort to Willard. He has been a faithful follower and is near the end of his earthly stay. Please make him comfortable and keep pain away from him. Father his wife is in need of the same peace and comfort as she cares for Willard. Please walk with these two people and bring them the grace that only You can give. AMEN

Pine Baron
02-21-2017, 10:12 AM
^^Thanks Paul^^. Amen

Preacher Jim
02-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Lord Willard needs your grace in this time to ease his pain and suffering as does my brother Boaz. Lord the hardest time is when those we have adopted into our close circle suffer and we are not able to help them. Lord comfort Willard and Boaz during this walk.
Amen we pray in Jesus name.

Blackwater
02-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Willard and Mary need your help, Lord, and your grace and mercy. Please be with them, and all their friends and loved ones. If his time is near, please be gentle with him, and provide grace and peace to all who love him. In all things, Thy will be done, but this is our prayer. In thy name I pray. Amen.

Teddy (punchie)
02-22-2017, 12:41 AM
Praying for Mary and Willard and everyone else that effected by this. I hate lawyers and the system the play with. Most are a bottom feeding lifeform.

shoot-n-lead
02-22-2017, 12:52 AM
Prayer sent for Willard and his wife.

USMC87
02-22-2017, 07:39 AM
I can relate here Charlie, Life is short so don't put off tomorrow what you can do today. Willard and wife added to our prayer list.

marshall623
02-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Prayers up for Willard and his wife , we can take comfort that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Boaz
02-22-2017, 10:50 PM
I would like to thank all who offered prayer for Brother Willard . The Lord took him home this evening . He died at home surrounded by family , he was at peace . Again thank you .

Charlie

WRideout
02-23-2017, 07:50 AM
Father, be with Willard's wife, Mary, his whole family, and all those who love him. Give them all your peace. Greet Willard in your house, and bring him into your kingdom. Amen.

Wayne

Pine Baron
02-23-2017, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry, Charlie. May God bless Willard's family and loved ones with His comfort and mercy.

w5pv
02-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Prayer sent for Bro Willard and wife

Blackwater
02-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Wow! It's always hard to lose the real gems in our life. But at least you can know that now, he's no longer subject to the infirmities and challenges of old age. Prayers up for you and all his family and friends. Just remember to be thankful you had a guy like Willard in your life. Folks like that help make us who and what we are, and as such, are vital to us in a very critical way. God be with you all.

Preacher Jim
02-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Lord we all pray for Mary and the rest of Willard's family that your strength will carry them during this time of grief and healing. Lord you are the merciful shoulder to support those in this time, be there for all who need to rest on you.
Amen

missionary5155
02-25-2017, 07:59 PM
I will also pray for Willard and Mary...
Mike in Peru

Boaz
02-26-2017, 09:24 AM
I thank you all for your prayer for Mary , she will need GOD's help . There was standing room only at brother Willard's funeral , a testimonial to a good man .

Blackwater
02-26-2017, 07:47 PM
There are many very simple men, whose faith and value to others can be measured by the size of the crowd at their funerals. A big crowd like that is the surest indication of how much he meant to those many people. God gave him a long time on this earth to do so, but it was up to Willard to apply what Christ taught us to his fellow man, to create a crowd like that. We speak of angels among us, but sometimes, I think some of them are really mortal, just like us. If not, then they're the closest thing we often have, that we can see. And that ain't no small thing. God bless all those like Willard and give his wife the same love and mercy You showd him. Amen.

castalott
02-26-2017, 10:20 PM
Dear Lord,

Mercy , Faith, and Love to Mary.. Redemption to Willard... Peace to us All.... Amen