PDA

View Full Version : 32 Special Questons

rjathon
02-19-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm about to buy a Ranch Dog mold for the 32 Special from NOE and have some questions:

1) they offer one that can also do hollow points. What do you use HP's for?

2) for deer hunting what alloy do you use?

3) for hogs what alloy do you use? What fps?

Thank you,

Russ

catskinner
02-19-2017, 05:14 PM
For deer hunting I use an Old West gc mold, no hollow point. 12-14 bhn at 1800-1900 fps.Shoots thru a deer lengthwise and does show some expansion. I don't think you need a hollow point. No experience on hogs.

georgerkahn
02-19-2017, 06:47 PM
I have, cast, and use NOE 325-130 FN RG2-cavity GC Brass (325008) w/ FN, HP. & Cup Pins. The hollow points are in fact my main casting, and I'm of the belief (note: MY thoughts :) ) that the HP flies as well as others, and when it hits the deer/target is squeshes to make more tissue impact, as well as bigger wound channel/exit; and, more destructive if you hit a bone (e.g., rib).
I hope I answered your question re "deer hunting"; most sadly for me, I've never been hog hunting, hence I'm unable to answer your #3 question.
I love the brass NOE mould, and also use this boolit in .32 Remington.
BEST!
geo

rjathon
02-19-2017, 09:46 PM
I have, cast, and use NOE 325-130 FN RG2-cavity GC Brass (325008) w/ FN, HP. & Cup Pins. The hollow points are in fact my main casting, and I'm of the belief (note: MY thoughts :) ) that the HP flies as well as others, and when it hits the deer/target is squeshes to make more tissue impact, as well as bigger wound channel/exit; and, more destructive if you hit a bone (e.g., rib).
I hope I answered your question re "deer hunting"; most sadly for me, I've never been hog hunting, hence I'm unable to answer your #3 question.
I love the brass NOE mould, and also use this boolit in .32 Remington.
BEST!
geo

Thank you George. I had not considered that bullet. What load do you like? How fast?

thanks again,

Russ

salvadore
02-21-2017, 10:02 PM
I love my 94 32spec. as a case bullet shooter. Most of the cast bullets I used would run into the rifling if seated to the end of the neck, except an accurate 160 grain gc. It is also my most accurate. If I was going hunting, I would search for a nice gc hp. Remember the 32spec. should be pushed fast as possible.