PDA

View Full Version : Need help tuning an RCBS Pro2000

Chuck Perry
02-18-2017, 11:32 AM
I have a manual advance Pro2000 that has issues. The shellplate is misaligned, cartridge cases hit the die mouths off center. And, primers are also hitting the primer pocket off center when seating new ones. I contacted RCBS and they offered to tune it if I ship it back. I just calculated shipping costs, and one way will cost me around $70. Being a typical frugal reloader, I am now wondering if this is something I can do myself. I recall reading online somewhere that RCBS will send out a kit to align the press. Anyone here have experience with that? Am I better off spending the money and having RCBS do it, or is this something I can easily do myself?

2011redrider
02-18-2017, 03:09 PM
I have the auto index model, but , it was out of adjustment also when I got it. Called RCBS and they sent the kit (2 metal rods and instructions). Took about 20 minutes and hasn't needed any adjustments since, about 3 yrs and 5000 rounds.
Also had issues with the priming system jamming with spent primers when decapping 223. I attached copies of the instructions for both. If you call RCBS on Monday, they will gladly send out the kit with the metal rods. Very simple and not worth 70 bucks to ship it back, and as the instruction show, you can make the pins out of a wood dowel, they jus go under the shell plat assembly during the adjustments.

Chuck Perry
02-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Just what I was hoping to hear, thanks!

Chuck Perry
02-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Spent the day tinkering with my Pro. I found a spent primer jammed into the guts of the priming assembly. I cleared that out, gave everything a good clean and lube and I'm back to loading.