PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature

OeldeWolf
02-17-2017, 10:34 PM
We lost power for over two hours. Love of My Life said it was Mother Nature's way of telling us to take a nap. :)
Anyone else think that sounds like the message?

lup
02-18-2017, 01:07 AM
The message is go to bed. No nap.

shoot-n-lead
02-18-2017, 01:22 AM
Sweet dreams!:drinks:

kingstrider
02-18-2017, 03:56 AM
Thunderstorms?

Bent Ramrod
02-18-2017, 09:20 AM
"Buy a Diesel generator," perhaps?

Glad you guys are getting the rain, at least, however excessive and sudden. Has Governor Moonbeam proclaimed the End of the Drought yet?

I remember when I lived in Southern California, we had a "wet season" that included a local rainstorm that filled a 5-gallon bucket from the downspout attached to one side of my two-car garage roof in less than a minute. The kids were riding air mattresses floating down the streets, and the gutters were full of mud. Some of that was my back yard, which I had to retrieve over the next four days with a shovel and wheelbarrow.

They asked Jerry if the Drought was over yet and he said, "nope!"

lightman
02-18-2017, 11:26 AM
I copy that message Loud and Clear!

After retiring and after having a bucket truck parked in my driveway for many years, I bought a generator. After careful consideration, I bit the Boolit and bought one that is permanently connected to the house and is large enough to run the whole house. Maybe my careful considerations were not that well though out after all!:-)

Mal Paso
02-18-2017, 05:25 PM
Power went out here yesterday morning. No estimated time to restore. PG&E says be prepared for an extended outage. Going to try to make a run for generator gas next break. No generator, no internet, gotta post before the internet runs outa gas. LOL

starmac
02-18-2017, 08:18 PM
I hope the power outage is not wide spread and the gas stations have power.

Mal Paso
02-18-2017, 10:23 PM
I hope the power outage is not wide spread and the gas stations have power.

Thanks. I checked before I left as most of Monterey Peninsula was out yesterday. I hit Costco too. I am 2+ miles up a Redwood Canyon that follows a stream. A big Redwood came down and closed the road yesterday. Can happen anytime once the ground gets this saturated. I made the trip early enough for some chainsaw time but lucked out.

OeldeWolf
02-19-2017, 12:34 AM
I have a small generator to keep the food cold, maybe run a few small things as well while not cooling the food. I really need a better generator, but would need to keep it in the garage.

The nap was good, btw :)

Mal Paso
02-19-2017, 12:01 PM
I have a small generator to keep the food cold, maybe run a few small things as well while not cooling the food. I really need a better generator, but would need to keep it in the garage.

The nap was good, btw :)

Smaller generators use less fuel. The Honda inverter generators are great, they don't need to run full speed for a light load.

That said, naps are more reliable and often preferable to generators.

Mtnfolk75
02-19-2017, 12:33 PM
I keep 40-50 gallons of gas on hand here, mostly for the ATV's but also the occasional generator use. I have 1k Honda that I keep in the truck and a 3.5k for the Cabin. No power outages yet this winter, I will keep my fingers crossed & the knee mail up for those with power issues.

starmac
02-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Those hondas are hard to beat, but somebody decided they lneeded mine worse than I did. lol

DLCTEX
02-19-2017, 10:19 PM
I have a 8000 watt and a backup 3500 watt, I'm spoiled to lights and running water.

OeldeWolf
02-19-2017, 10:40 PM
LadyWolf says naps are definitely more snuggly than generators. But a larger generator or two are in the plans for later.

flint45
02-20-2017, 07:31 PM
I think we should put Gov. Moonbeam right below the dam to keep watch no floaty either.

starmac
02-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Just tie him in a kayak, and tell him when he sees that 30 foot wall of water coming, it will be fun, like surfing.

Mal Paso
02-20-2017, 11:51 PM
I think we should put Gov. Moonbeam right below the dam to keep watch no floaty either.

I think you got your wish, This storm has been aimed at and hammering Sacramento all afternoon. LOL

varmintpopper
02-21-2017, 02:10 AM
Honda generators are good, I had not started my 2K for about four years, turned the fuel valve to the on position and waited about 1 minute, set the choke and it stated on the first pull of the starter rope. all that on 4 year old Gas. Amazed.