PDA

View Full Version : im so excited, and i just cant hide it...

Strtspdlx
02-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Hopefully you get the humor in the title, so ive been saving for well over a year and ive been selling off some stuff I don't use all too often to finally purchase what id consider a nice pistol. So I picked out a Kimber eclipse custom II, it has a very hefty price tag so I put it on layaway, but ive always wanted a nice firearm. at my age and with my life just beginning I figured id get one shot to pick a good one, so I'm hoping I did. I'm still waiting for my permit thanks to the great state I live in, but once I have the permit and the remainder of the balance is paid it will be mine!!! Its in 10mm by the way. Finally after all this time saving (it pains me to hold onto money especially when I see so many "good deals", I get to use it for something that I consider worthwhile instead of on some used plastic piece of junk. It is aggravating though that it only comes with one magazine, so if anyone could recommend magazines that would be ideal.

Dan Cash
02-17-2017, 10:30 PM
Congratulations on your acquisition of a class act pistol. I think you bought as good as you can get to include custom pieces. I hope you like the 10mm, it is a real stomper.

Bzcraig
02-17-2017, 10:36 PM
Excellent choice but I'm sure you will buy many more over the coming years!

gray wolf
02-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Great pistol, I put one o Lay-a-way about 10 years ago, I think it was about 1,200 $$ back then.
On the way home Julie said " Are -- you-- serious--" I said "why?"
She said "Do you know how poor we are ?" "I said I forgot for the moment"
When I remembered I called up and cancelled the deal.

BUT---I was happy--happy for a little while.

Anyway, nice, nice pistol, enjoy it.
great trigger on the none I handled.

bluelund79
02-17-2017, 11:01 PM
Good choice in caliber. I hope you enjoy it for many years. Two brand of magazines that I prefer in aftermarket are Wilson Combat (own about 20 of them between 45 and 9mm), and Tripp Cobra.

FergusonTO35
02-17-2017, 11:45 PM
Good for you! I've been saving for a NIB Browning Hi-Power for more than a year now. I'm getting the nice one with polished blue, wood grips, and adjustable sights and the total cost will be a bit over a grand. I should have enough in a month or so.

ReloaderFred
02-18-2017, 02:52 AM
For my two Delta Elites and Colt 9x25 Dillon (10mm necked down to 9mm), the most reliable magazines I've found are made by Checkmate. I've tried most of the others, and Checkmate has outperformed all the big names over time.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Lloyd Smale
02-18-2017, 09:11 AM
it will make a very cool gun for hunting and self defense

Strtspdlx
02-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Sounds very familiar. Usually if someone tells me it can't be done I try to do it. Money will always come and go. That's what it's meant to do. It is called currency for a reason, or Atleast to me. And now the I'm short the cost of the handgun it'll light a fire for me to get back to hustling. I got content since we've been socking away money. And now it's all getting spent between the house and other normal everyday things. But like I said. It will always come and go, I just have to make sure I can make it faster then we can spend it.

Great pistol, I put one o Lay-a-way about 10 years ago, I think it was about 1,200 $$ back then.
On the way home Julie said " Are -- you-- serious--" I said "why?"
She said "Do you know how poor we are ?" "I said I forgot for the moment"
When I remembered I called up and cancelled the deal.

BUT---I was happy--happy for a little while.

Anyway, nice, nice pistol, enjoy it.
great trigger on the none I handled.

XDROB
02-19-2017, 04:35 PM
I like the gun but mine would be in 45acp

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk