PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
02-17-2017, 07:56 AM
"As surely as I live, says the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die?"—Ezekiel 33:11 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=4d8836ccab&e=3dd732485b)When the prophet Jonah very reluctantly went to the city of Nineveh and preached that God would judge them in forty days, the king of Nineveh repented of his sin and set an example for his subjects. All the people repented of their sin, and God’s judgment was lifted.

In the same way, God told the people during Noah’s time that judgment was coming, but 120 years passed before it happened.

The Bible says, “When a crime is not punished quickly, people feel it is safe to do wrong” (Ecclesiastes 8:11 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://1)). If we get away with something, we may think we’ll never get caught. But one thing is certain: It may be ten years from now, it may be ten hours from now, or it may be ten minutes from now, but God will keep His word. We will reap what we sow. We can take that to the bank.

God is in no rush to judge us. But at the same time, there comes a moment when the hammer drops, when our number is up. Understand, God doesn’t want to judge us. He says, “I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live” (Ezekiel 33:11). The Bible also says that God “does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent” (2 Peter 3:9).

The last thing God wants to do is judge you. The last thing He wants to do is see you go to Hell. The last thing He wants to do is see your life wasted and thrown away. You were made in His image. He cares about you. And that is why He sent His own Son to die on the cross in your place and in mine.

USMC87
02-17-2017, 08:36 AM
Thank GOD HE sent CHRIST to die in my room and stead, GOD loves HIS people only in CHRIST.

GhostHawk
02-17-2017, 08:53 AM
I have felt the hammer hanging over my head since before the election. Since President Trump has been sworn in I feel like God Almighty has withdrawn his hand and wrath. Giving him a breathing space to change things. Giving people the chance to repent, to return to the Lord. To stop sinning, to forget about the physical world and start saving up their riches in Heaven.

I do not know if his wrath will fall, or when.
I do know he was very very angry. We allowed his city on a hill that was to be a light to the world to be corrupted, polluted, denigrated to a shred of its former self. All the while as laws were being passed that allowed what he considers abomination to be legally married. While planned parenthood does unnatural things to unborn children.

His wrath will fall if we do not change, if we do not repent and change our ways.

The choice is ours.

Are YOU ready?
Are you prepared?

Blackwater
02-17-2017, 01:29 PM
Amen to all. What a wonderful lesson for today. God does NOT find pleasure in judging, just like parents take no pleasure in disciplining children. I have a young pup now, with a hard drive set to being resistant to my commands in the extreme. It breaks my heart to have to discipline her, but if I don't, she might get out on the road and die. I see further down the road than she can, and love her, so I keep trying to get her to mind. She's getting better, but like some people, she's so focused on other things that it's really hard to get through to her sometimes. Yet, I keep trying, just like God does with us. For as long as we live, he stands at the doorway of all our hearts, with outstretched hands, bidding us all to come to him. How some can refuse that is beyond my understanding, but I've gotten pretty used to that sort of thing when considering what we willful humans do in this life. We're not nearly as "smart" as we like to think we are! But God stands immutable - unchanging and King of everything - and if we just hitch out wagons to Him, we can overcome the mightiest obstacles, climb the tallest mountains, and change our ways. But without Him, we can do very little except fool ourselves. I'm so glad I grew up in the church! I was always the mischievous kind, and without Him standing, letting me feel His gaze on my back, I may well not even be here today. And some think He just sits back and doesn't act in any way in this world! HA! If they only had any real idea! It'd shock them to the marrow of their bones just how much God acts in our daily lives, and the extent to which he does it all. But some just aren't interested in knowing or even investigating any of it. They just want to be "comfortable" in ther unbelief. But that could never last. Ever.

Boaz
02-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Good lesson rl69 ! Don't believe it's been posted to the best of my recollection (lol, my 'recollection' ain't what it use to be). GOD loves us all equally , he created us ...gave us life . To relegate someone to hell after the giving his grace , help and love must be painful to him . He wants us to be with him , so much scripture describing his love for us . But it all comes down to choice , our choice . It's so simple many pass it by .

We build ourselves up through him . Ephesians 2;8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You alone with his help may achieve salvation , alone without his help.....you will fail .

buckwheatpaul
02-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Men a great bunch of thoughts as well as a great Bible Study ..... thanks guys!

Pine Baron
02-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Thank you, rl69. If I might add my thoughts.
I feel this verse is uniquely applicable to current events. The hand of God is indeed moving throughout this land. The misunderstanding of a large segment of society is that this is about a man, President Trump (still sounds good), it is really about the "movement". The world is finally moving forward, sadly, some seem intent on being left behind. We must do our best to support, encourage and spread His word, now more than ever.