PDA

View Full Version : My alpenstock project

Motard
02-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Well, not a very difficoult realizzation, but toook some studing cause I really whanted one well dane. There is a long tradition over the Alps on shooting with Alpenstocks (deer's hunt) and there are plenty ready available over the ebay but the finest one are costly, the cheaper ones instead appeared to me188181188182188183 often weighting well over what I'd like to carry up hills, and if separable as I needed, with questionables joints. So i decided to make one myself.
I could find a couple of vintage walking canes on a flea market at a ridiculous price. They are made from light but very stiff three branches. I chopped them as to make a tree section stick tha can be used full length or at the normal cane length. Joints and spike are from a cinese seller on Ebay all for less than 20 euros, but are well made carved from full brass rod. Took some time drilling and gluing but I am satisfied on how it comed out. Let see what you think about

Dan Cash
02-16-2017, 10:39 AM
You built a nice stick. I have reached the age where I do not have good stability on rough terrain and live and hunt where the prairie is cut up with tremendous gulches so I needed some kind of support when trying to traverse such ground. My solution is not so slick as yours but I took a straight section of wooden (hickory) tool handle about 4 feet long and fitted a 6 inch steel blade to the end of it. It serves my needs and provides a handy steady rest for a rifle or pistol when needed.

OutHuntn84
02-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Very nice! Great Job!!!

Blackwater
02-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Good job! Nice!

Motard
02-16-2017, 02:54 PM
The roots

Char-Gar
02-16-2017, 03:14 PM
They are a great aid in traversing rough country, going uphill, downhill or level broken ground.