PDA

View Full Version : Question about cheap shotguns listed in "Guns" magazine April 2017

dbosman
02-14-2017, 09:06 PM
April 2017 "Guns" magazine has a two page article about Turkish made Hatfield labeled 12ga semi auto at $225. and a 20ga single barrel at $99. Supposed to be sold at Walmart. Our local Walmart's only stock ammo and the online Walmart page doesn't list these.

Anyone tried either?
I'm actually more curious about the single shot.

I'm left mentally speculating about the possibility of a Walmart sold handy rifle based on the single shot design. I've got kids in school and living at home so even the H&R handi rifles are looking expensive, at present.

adcoch1
02-14-2017, 09:24 PM
The Hatfield labeled guns at walmart look pretty good in person, if they come out with a single shot rifle of the same quality and finish i will be getting at least one...

bubba.50
02-14-2017, 09:41 PM
the single shot is a cheap Turkish made knockoff of the old Beretta camper gun that folds up in the middle. it doesn't snap apart like H&R/NEF guns do so, changin' out barrels would be a bit more involved. but for what it is, it looks pretty nice.

GhostHawk
02-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Youtube, guy named John Capps has a couple of vids of it.

I have yet to see one at our walmart. Plus I have found 4 H&R single shot shotguns in the last year at our local pawn shop. 3 12's at 100$ ea and a 20 ga in immaculate condition for 70$.

So I really do not need one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3rogHA0zhw

10x
02-16-2017, 12:45 AM
I have a couple of Turkish shotguns, Well made and reliable.
They are great value. I believe several North American Brands have sold shotguns made in Turkey

jonp
02-16-2017, 05:17 AM
I saw a TriStar once and thought it was well made and a great bargain. If the single shot is anything like that or some of the pistols coming out of Turkey it should be a good shooter