PDA

View Full Version : In The Market For A New Scale. Any Recent Experience With GemPro 250?

jonp
02-14-2017, 06:59 PM
I found some threads from 2yrs ago but none recently. I'm narrowing down my choices and many other sites speak highly of the GemPro 250 in the comments.

Any recent usage would be appreciated

Thx

Gus Youmans
02-14-2017, 10:28 PM
jonp,

I have been using one for 5-6 years and it works as advertised. It was my primary scale until I broke the power supply and now it runs only on batteries. After breaking the power supply I bought a high dollar lab scale that is plugged into a battery backup/surge suppressor and it is powered on all the time so that I don't have to wait for it to warm up. For what we do, the GemPro works just as good as the high dollar scale. The self-test only takes about a minute to run and is ready to go very quickly. I trust the GemPro much more than I do the two less expensive ($75-$100, not el-cheap) electronic scales I own. I would buy another. The only thing I don't like is the pan is somewhat small and hard to handle, so I use the pan from one of the other scales.

I use the GemPro when sorting cast bullets by weight for extreme accuracy testing because I can sit in front of the TV and run the scale off the battery.

Gus Youmans

1_Ogre
02-18-2017, 09:14 AM
I have been using the Dillon electronic scale for a few years now. It's good, accurate and reliable. But I keep the RCBS 10-10 as a backup, just in case

digid
02-19-2017, 11:44 AM
I purchased one from Amazon about 6 months ago and have been very happy with it. I leave it plugged in and on all the time, as was recommended in a few places. It is very consistent and accurate. I made a few sample weights out of stainless of different values that I keep in a little case that I wrote the values on. It has never failed to give me the same reading on my samples.

My only complaint would be with its a little slow if I try to trickle powder with it, but I have never found an electric scale I was happy with doing that, and I do it very little anyway.

Dale