PDA

View Full Version : Buckshot and Junior made me do it

7 MM
07-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Well I read all of their posts about their M44's andM91/30's .
I gave in and went and bought one (M44) .
She Who Must Be Obeyed is peeved to say the least.
Says I am going to live in the camper shell in the garage for a year to make up for it.
Since I'm there for a year maybe --Hmm --I still need a few things and since i'm already there !!
Lets see,
Boolit mould(Lee or Lyman)
New casting pot
Reloading Dies
Lots of brass
Maybe a second M44 ( for parts !! you know!!)
What do you think , another 2 or 3 years in the camper, Might be worth it.!!
Shee Who Must Be Obeyed says maybe I should think about living with Buckshots Mules.
Any vacancies Buckshot?

Seriously I am looking for brass .
Anyone with extra let me know

7 MM
I will lite a candle and speak your name

7 MM

Junior1942
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Graf's has new brass. I'm hunting a reason to buy a third M44 as they're still $70 at J&G Sales.

trickyasafox
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
here's a link to aim surplus
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Prvi_Partizan_7.62x54R_150grn_Jacketed_Soft_Point. html

10.75 per box of privi partisan. good brass and not to shabby ammo either :) I think graf's is like 40 bucks for 100 pieces, for another 15 you get loaded ammo and the same amount of brass.

Bigjohn
07-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Well I read all of their posts about their M44's andM91/30's .
I gave in and went and bought one (M44) .
She Who Must Be Obeyed is peeved to say the least.
Says I am going to live in the camper shell in the garage for a year to make up for it.
Since I'm there for a year maybe --Hmm --I still need a few things and since i'm already there !!
Lets see,
Boolit mould(Lee or Lyman)
New casting pot
Reloading Dies
Lots of brass
Maybe a second M44 ( for parts !! you know!!)
What do you think , another 2 or 3 years in the camper, Might be worth it.!!
Shee Who Must Be Obeyed says maybe I should think about living with Buckshots Mules.
Any vacancies Buckshot?

Seriously I am looking for brass .
Anyone with extra let me know

7 MM
I will lite a candle and speak your name

7 MM

Just move into the camper shell premanently, especially if you let buckshot & junior lead you astray. :twisted:

Oh! and make that "molds"; you will never be happy with just one. [smilie=1:

Junior is right; buy two more; you might need them. :Fire:

John.

Newfoundlander2
07-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Graf's has new brass. I'm hunting a reason to buy a third M44 as they're still $70 at J&G Sales.

Reason: They're $70.00.

RugerFan
07-02-2008, 10:05 PM
So is there generally a preference between round or hexagon receiver with the 91/30? I just got my C&R and I'm itching to order something.

Do they really hand select one for the extra $10.00 or is that a waste of money?

Junior1942
07-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Reason: They're $70.00.Enough already!! I'm buying another one!!!!

Ricochet
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
The hex receivers have more of a "cool factor." The claims that the raised corner ribs make the receivers "stronger" or "stiffer" are spurious as the round receivers work just fine and are stronger than they need to be. If the hexes were really functionally better, the Russians wouldn't have converted to the easier-to-machine round receivers. Hexes are older rifles and may have more bore wear, but the one I just got that's a 1929 converted Dragoon has a lovely bore. The hand pick fee is a waste. The distributors generally DON'T inspect bores, and they all look pretty much the same on the outside.

RugerFan
07-02-2008, 11:03 PM
The hex receivers have more of a "cool factor." The claims that the raised corner ribs make the receivers "stronger" or "stiffer" are spurious as the round receivers work just fine and are stronger than they need to be. If the hexes were really functionally better, the Russians wouldn't have converted to the easier-to-machine round receivers. Hexes are older rifles and may have more bore wear, but the one I just got that's a 1929 converted Dragoon has a lovely bore. The hand pick fee is a waste. The distributors generally DON'T inspect bores, and they all look pretty much the same on the outside.

Ok, thanks. I may have to order one tomorrow from J&G.

Ricochet
07-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I love all of mine, and I'll bet you love what you get, too.

35 Whelen
07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
FWIW, I bought another 91/30 from J&G back when they were $59.95 a few months ago. I asked for a hand pick (which I NEVER do) and specified a shiny bore. I got one with a shiny bore.
35W

Ricochet
07-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Mine came with a shiny bore not hand picked, too.

7 MM
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
You know this camper idea isn't so bad.
Gives you lots of time to think and plan.
Have decided to ask SWMBO to move her Acura out to the driveway.
Lots of room there to pu in a complete legnth workbench,( lets see, a mini mill and lathe , a full size double door safe , lots room for reloading stuff , maybe even a fridge for a few cool ones after a hard day).
Checked out my local supplier today,has several more M44's and a couple of Steyrs --Hmm--I wonder if he knows the kind of trouble I am in already??
Hot out there tho. got up to about 100 this afternoon with the sun beating on the door.Guess that is a perfect time to do refinishing on a couple of old stocks.
Just finished setting up my fishing rod lathe on my side and put the computer there also.
Say this ain't half bad

7 MM

I will lite a candle and say your name

Buckshot
07-05-2008, 03:31 AM
...............So you getting your camper shell all fixed up? Do you get to come inside to use the head? Or are you and the dog on pretty much even terms?

................Buckshot

EMC45
07-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Just got an M44 form KJG the other day. It is a dandy! Nice clean bore.

7 MM
07-05-2008, 09:42 AM
W e l l me and the neighbors dog have an agreement ,well sort of, he still growels a little.
Junior you have to stop buying them M44's. I can't keep up with you.
Do you know my local gun dealer.?
ever time I go in there He goes and get another of them M44's out for me to look at.
I think you and him are in cahoots together.
Buckshot Ma is walking around like an old cat hhat someone steped on it's tail mumbling about apoligizing to your mules if she ever met them for even considering putting a jacka** like me in their barn.
I got to keep her,had her for 51 years , so , I guess I will try to make up.
If only Junior would stop buying them M44's

7 MM

kjg
07-05-2008, 11:27 AM
well here's one for ya'll century has a 5 for 250.00 deal going on this month, them's the 91/30's hey ah emc45 picking up the 91/30 sniper monday wana go blastin. kjg

Ricochet
07-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Who couldn't use another 5 long Mosins? [smilie=1:

EMC45
07-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Sounds good Kevin! We need to meet up and let some fly!

C1PNR
07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Anyone else around here ever get one of them 1891/59's? Short, like the M 44 but with no stinkin bayonet to fuss with. Usually have a really nice bore, too.:drinks:

twotoescharlie
07-10-2008, 09:21 PM
gotta couple,both shooters

TTC

RugerFan
07-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I ordered a 91/30 today from J&G through their web site. Said something about "1-3 weeks for delivery." What have you found to be their standard wait time?

Ricochet
07-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Everything I've bought from J&G arrived within a week or so.

RugerFan
07-19-2008, 12:29 AM
I got an e-mail saying it was shipped already. That was fast.