PDA

View Full Version : Hi Tech Subs

WFO2
02-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Ok I'm still reading through the Hi tech stickies . I plan on coating my 300 BO sub sonic bullets . I know that when I PC my pistol bullets some colors cover better then others . SO my question which Hi Tech color is the best to start with ? Thanks all ahead of time .

oteroman
02-14-2017, 11:11 AM
I have done red, green and gold. All the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slide
02-14-2017, 11:19 AM
Contact Donnie at Hi-Performance Bullet Coating.

475AR
02-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Ok I'm still reading through the Hi tech stickies . I plan on coating my 300 BO sub sonic bullets . I know that when I PC my pistol bullets some colors cover better then others . SO my question which Hi Tech color is the best to start with ? Thanks all ahead of time .

I am a Ford guy (black) but HI-TEK is very different from pc as to coverage. I mix HI-TEK thin and do several coats. One of the big advantages to using HI-TEK in my opinion is once you do a coat let it dry for a few minutes then dump the bullets on the pan for the oven and bake, no need to handle with care no need to stand bullets up if you don't want to. I normally do 3 coats and have great coverage and a very even coating. If for any reason the coverage is not 100%, I do another coat. One thing I have started to do is after the 2nd coat I will size the bullets then clean them before doing the next coat and have been very happy with the results. Some people do not like the idea of having to do several coats but with the coating process being so fast I normally am waiting on other things to get ready/done like getting the oven up to temp. I can coat 500 bullets in about 10 minutes or so (just coating them not anything else.) So doing multiple coats is not a big issue for me. I have not tried pc mainly because touching the un baked bullets removes the coating causing thin sopts or bare spots and even if I was lucky enough to get them all on the pan I would bet I would knock over a few getting them into the oven. I think both pc and HI-TEK are great and each have its + -.

Grmps
02-14-2017, 04:21 PM
The following colors are metallic / Higher heat resistance / better for Rifle
1. Gold 10235- METALLIC
2. Old Gold- METALLIC
3. Red Copper- METALLIC
4. Candy Apple Red- METALLIC
5. Black 1035- METALLIC
6. Kryptonite Green- METALLIC
7. Bronze 500 and Bronze 502- METALLIC
8. Gunmetal- METALLIC

WFO2
02-15-2017, 03:17 AM
Thank you gentleman for your responses . I will be making the call soon gathering a few things like for the process .