PDA

View Full Version : need some help please

finattic
02-13-2017, 10:52 PM
ok guys i know this website is for cast boolits but i need some help for my cousin's wife. He passed away a littlel over a year ago and back in the day he and i shot centerfire benchrest competition . He bought the dies,press,jackets,lead wire and made our 6mm bench rest bullets for our 6ppc guns. She has no use for this and i have long ago stop shooting benchrest .

She is wainting to sell this equiptment but i have no idea where to start and who may be interested in this type of bullet making

Thank you for any help you can give me in helping her

Alan

maxreloader
02-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Greetings Alan, there are many members here that can give you an idea of value. I would guess that there are also members that would be interested in purchasing that equipment. I cast so I am no help. Good luck!

finattic
02-13-2017, 11:18 PM
max,

thanks for the reply, i also cast my own but now i am only shooting pistols so i have no need for this either

Gew
02-14-2017, 12:00 AM
Private message sent.

reed1911
02-14-2017, 03:44 AM
Post what you have and the maker and we can all chime in on rough value, that should give you a good idea of the value.

Utah Shooter
02-14-2017, 09:18 PM
Post what you have and the maker and we can all chime in on rough value, that should give you a good idea of the value.
Yup. Really depends on maker as to value and demand.

finattic
02-14-2017, 10:17 PM
i will get with her this weekend and take some pictures and see if the dies have a makers name on them. i think i know who made them but am not 100% so i dont want to guess. i do know it takes a modified rockchucker to use the dies which will be in the pictures ...Thanks for all the help and i will post as son as i can get with her

Sasquatch-1
02-15-2017, 07:03 AM
Post some pictures and as stated manufacturers. Just as a reference a single die for forming lead only sells for $199.00 from Dave Corbin.

Anybody interested in a complete start up sett for .224 should check this out along with the OP for reference price. The items are about halfway down the page.

http://www.corbins.com/used.htm

mckenziedrums
02-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Where in NC are ya? I'm probably not in the market myself but I may be able to have a look. I'll send you a PM.

aaronraad
02-15-2017, 08:40 PM
If you're looking to demand a fair price, I'd suggest getting the original, or one of the known bullet swaging die makers, to assess the condition of the die set and press; and the quality of the bullets (samples) they will produce. This is nothing less than you expect from a new set of dies.

Unfortunately there are a number of die sets produced by well known bullet swaging die makers, which have now been damaged from misuse or poor storage conditions. It may cost you a couple of hours of the die makers time and some postage, but a die set assessed in good condition will hold it's value, if not increase due to current demand. An abused or modified die set might only be worth it's scrap value...there is only a very small market for .2445" diameter bullets. ;)