PDA

View Full Version : More trad muzzleloader stoke from Denny ...

rfd
02-13-2017, 09:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ay0VF9L_qc&t=80s

waksupi
02-13-2017, 12:06 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?327523-Another-weekend-shoot

Nobade
02-13-2017, 02:04 PM
Nice video, but those guys not wearing eye protection were bothering me! Still, makes you want to get out and go shooting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

54bore
02-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Nice video, but those guys not wearing eye protection were bothering me! Still, makes you want to get out and go shooting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The only time i ever wore eye protection was when i competed in Trap shooting, and the only reason i wore it then was the rules required it at certain clubs, it was contested and argued HEAVILY, it was not mandatory at some of the different clubs, they had a sign that said 'Eye protection advised' I HATED it when i had to wear shooting glasses, The glasses in the bridge of the nose area blinded me from my target many times. I will take my chances

Good Cheer
02-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Been cut on the face by flying flint... but I wear glasses or I couldn't see the flint any how.

FrontierMuzzleloading
02-13-2017, 05:32 PM
mountain men didn't wear shooting glasses and ive yet to read about one in a journal or tall tale about eye injuries from shooting their guns. And if their is any, them boys was problem drunk!

54bore
02-13-2017, 09:38 PM
Been cut on the face by flying flint... but I wear glasses or I couldn't see the flint any how.

I recently had a piece of cap land on the right arm of my new Woolrich fleece coat, it almost burned a hole through. There is definitely a chance a guy could get hit in the eye, but shooting glasses are one of them HATE cuss words with me, I'm willing to take my chances. I like to practice shoot EXACTLY like i would hunt, and i dont wear glasses then.

charlie b
02-16-2017, 10:35 AM
I never used to wear glasses until I started shooting skeet and sporting clays. The oncoming targets would pelt you with clay. Most of the time I could duck my head soon enough, but, that would cause a flinch so I started wearing larger safety glasses and just let the chunks hit.

Later, when I had to wear prescription glasses, I ended up getting a fragment of a steel plate hit my face. Glad I had the glasses on. Why glasses and not contacts? I did wear contacts but my eyes developed a reaction to them, so, back to glasses. After wearing them for almost 20yrs now I am used to the issues. Yes, they take some special procedures for outdoor activities, but, not that big a deal once you are used to them.

For hunting or just regular shooting I did not wear glasses. The military did not require safety glasses back in the day. After the first desert deployment there was a huge incident rate of eye injuries, mostly from sand but also from combat. So, sunglasses and safety glasses became an issue item.