PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
02-12-2017, 07:57 AM
I Peter 5:5-7
5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

The Lord gives us a set of instructions in these verses that we might discover the care that He has for us.
1. Submit to your elders; something we see far too little of today.
2. Be subject to each other; good advice for all of us
3. Humble yourself under God's authority
4. Cast all your care upon God

When it comes to experiencing God's watch care, it is important to put submission and respect in the right order. Those who put others first and God at the top will receive the comfort of God as they lay their burdens at His feet.

I remember when my daughter was 3 years old (she'll be 27 on Wednesday) the first verse she memorized in Awana was I Peter 5:7. When it came time for her to recite the verse, she stepped up and said, "Casting all your careth on Him for He careth on you." We gave her the benefit of the doubt and that "translation" has stuck with me all these years. It reminds me to leave all my cares with Him because He always cares for me. If you are worried about something this morning just "cast all your careth on Him".

buckwheatpaul
02-12-2017, 08:31 AM
A great lesson. It seems like most people are obsessed with "ME" and not "US". Churches are getting less and less members and those that attend tend to have a lot of gray or no hair. This country needs a SPIRITUAL REVIVAL and turn back to the statement that J.F.K. made when he was sworn in as President....Ask not what the country can do for you but what you can do for your country. If we can impart to our most precious resource, our children and grandchildren, the greatness of God then our country will once again be a great country and not a country of spoiled entitled children.

USMC87
02-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Great lesson and I agree Paul.

Boaz
02-12-2017, 05:05 PM
A good lesson and reminder rl69 . Giving our trouble to him is the only way out of it . To ourselves we will fail . Working together in his name , raising your children in his way , taking council from those that do his work ..working together .

Paul I agree we need revival . The gospel is not being spread . Much that is spread is false teaching catering to popular societal trends and self indulgence . 'Prosperity gospel' is pure self indulgence shunning GOD himself . GOD says we are to spread his word , offer of salvation . It is on our shoulders , we picked up the cross , we are to do it .

Blackwater
02-13-2017, 02:18 PM
Amen to all. When I was young, I thought God expected ME to work things out. And I still believe that God expects us to act in our own behalf. But as time went on, I learned and experienced a lot, and finally came to the realization that God really WAS in control, and that if I did as instructed above, I'd come out on the other end with a better result, because all that chasing my own tail was eliminated, and all the angst would be eliminated. I think it takes a lot of us some good time to realize this. It sure worked that way for me, at least!

Boaz
02-13-2017, 02:46 PM
I have often thought of the old saying which is only half true ;

The Lord helps those who help themselves !

It should have been= The Lord helps those who help themselves through him .

Matthew 26;19 ;

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

GOD is our light , our strength and our salvation .

square butte
02-13-2017, 03:24 PM
I believe I would also phrase it in a similar way. It is through Him that I am able to help myself.

Boaz
02-13-2017, 03:42 PM
Yep !