PDA

View Full Version : Lead score!

Silvercreek Farmer
02-11-2017, 05:57 PM
A buddy tells me he has some lead for me. I show up and this is what he's got... Oh well, got to start somewhere. Mom does come through with a wheel weight every now and again from her walks...

2muchstuf
02-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Sure has been a while since I used any of them.

lightman
02-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Thats funny!:-) It also reminds me of a funny experience that I had. One of my other hobbies is hunting for North American Indian Artifacts. Many of my spots have household trash in them, probably chosen for the same reasons that the indians setteled there. Anyway, I was walking a field one day and I found this rather odd looking mushroomed bullet. Then I found another and another and another. Several of them in a small area. I got home and started doing some research and found that they were the heads of lead headed nails after the steel part of the nail rusts away!

308Jeff
02-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Forgot all about those... Used on corrugated steel roofs, right?

Budzilla 19
02-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Boy, I haven't seen any of those things in a looonnnggg time! They were used on corrugated steel roofing, that's correct! The little blob of lead was your "gasket " so it didn't leak around the hole in the the roofing that was made by the shank of the nail.

Silvercreek Farmer
02-12-2017, 09:54 AM
So, do you think I should treat them as pure?