PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
02-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Correct your son, and he will give you rest; yes, he will give delight to your soul.—Proverbs 29:17 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=2476813bbb&e=3dd732485b)Just as our children need our hugs and our affirmation, they also need to know what the parameters are, as well as the ramifications for crossing them. That, too, is love.

It has been said the cure for crime is not in the electric chair; it is in the high chair. Start early. Love your children by disciplining them.

The Bible tells us we should discipline our children. Here are five reasons:

We discipline our children to remove foolishness.Proverbs 22:15 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://1) says, "Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; the rod of correction will drive it far from him."
We discipline our children to rescue them from judgment. Proverbs 23:13–14 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://2) tells us, "Don't fail to discipline your children. The rod of punishment won't kill them. Physical discipline may well save them from death" (NLT).
We discipline our children to give them wisdom.According to Proverbs 29:15, "To discipline a child produces wisdom, but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child" (NLT).
We discipline our children to relieve our anxiety. As Proverbs 29:17 says, "Correct your son, and he will give you rest; yes, he will give delight to your soul."
We discipline our children so they might reflect God's character. Hebrews 12:10–11 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://3) says, "For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God's discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness. No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it's painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way" (NLT).

Know this: God will hold us accountable one day. He has given us this charge, this responsibility. It isn't optional. God has commanded us as parents to bring our children up in the training and admonition of the Lord.

USMC87
02-10-2017, 09:46 AM
A great lesson for us parents, Amen.

Blackwater
02-10-2017, 06:39 PM
Such a True and highly NEEDED message in our PC world today, where children are NEVER supposed to suffer any kind of corporal punishment. And those who promote the PC practice can't seem to realize or see what their less than judicious recommendations have wrought! Again and again, God's word proves that He loves us, and wants us to be happy and to prosper! While the works of the iniquitous and willful reveal how wrong and malicious their philosophies really are, in the end!

Again and again, God's word and advice and instruction has been proven over and over again, to work, whereas all other "competing" theories prove inexorably that they are contrived and cannot work, in the end. It takes more than a "sensitive heart" to raise children. Sometimes, we have to establish limits, lest they grow up to believe that they really CAN have "anything they want without consequences," as the world around them seems to be telling them now.

The ONLY truly constant that I can see throughout mankind's history on this planet, is God's love and good will toward us. Everything else tends to change over time, but His Love never does. I see that as yet more evidence of God's reality and of His Love, and the deniers just slough it off, as I guess they must, in order to maintain their denials. They can't and won't address the real facts we CAN finitely and definitively know, and still hold on to their denial. All they CAN do is just declare it "fictitious" and contrived, when it's THEY who have the fictitious and contrived set of paramaters from which to view all that we can know in our present plane of existence. I marvel at their willfulness. I thought I was hard-headed once, but I could never hold a candle to those who are THAT determined to dis-believe! All of Heaven and Earth fairly shouts the name of God, and proclaims Him the supreme ruler of Heaven, and this universe He created just for us. Let those who have ears here, and those with eyes see. The rest really can't matter, in the end.