PDA

View Full Version : Bench rest thing

joeb33050
07-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Contender br thing

joeb33050
07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Lindy Blaisdell made the contender rest. I made the pvc rest/s, have several now.
Put this here because I can't figure out how to pm pictures.
joe b.

joeb33050
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
The contender rest goes on the barrel, uses the forend screw and a washer to attach. Every contender shooter who's seen it wants one.
I'd like an aluminum rest, adjustable for height, for a rifle. Attach to bbl, bag at the back, no front rest needed. Acts like a "sled" or "anti-cant device" or "muzzle clamp".
joe b.

Scrounger
07-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Joe, I've sent pictures by PM but no one has ever told me if they arrived or not. I tried it the same way we post pictures here, by uploading the picture to Photobucket or some photo hosting place, and simply putting the resultant IMG code in the PM. I'll try to send one of your photos back to you that way, let me know if it works.

joeb33050
07-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Joe, I've sent pictures by PM but no one has ever told me if they arrived or not. I tried it the same way we post pictures here, by uploading the picture to Photobucket or some photo hosting place, and simply putting the resultant IMG code in the PM. I'll try to send one of your photos back to you that way, let me know if it works.

The photo is in the PM, although I have no idea what you said you did.
Or how to do it. Or what it means.
Thanks;
joe b.

Scrounger
07-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Joe, I know you can do this.
1. Open free account at PhotoBucket.com or any of the others who offer free photo hosting.
2. Sign in to that account.
3. Click on the button to upload whatever photo you want from the photos stored on your computer.
4. When it is finished uploading, underneath it will be 4 lines of code. The fourth line is called the "IMG Code". Click on it. It is now copied, ready to be pasted wherever you want it. Let's assume you want to send it to someone here as a PM.
5. Go to Castboolits and prepare your PM. When you are ready to put in the picture, just right click your mouse and then left click on "Paste". You will see the IMG Code but the recipient will see the picture.
Works exactly the same way in posting photos on our regular posts or at Graybeard's and most other websites of this type. One big advantage is that you can post larger pictures than you can with the "direct from the hard drive" method. Another convenience is in having two browsers open at the same time, CastBoolits on one, and PhotoBucket on the other. You just flit back and forth between them.

joeb33050
07-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Here, maybe, is a picture of the anti-cant device.
joe b.

Antietamgw
07-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Joe,
Since no one wants to buy my little .256 Contender barrel I'm going to start shooting it again. I thought about a rest like yours as I've just been resting the heels of my hands and the forearm on the bags. I don't know whether I'm testing the load or my ability to shoot a Contender. Do you find any difference in point of impact when testing from the rest?