PDA

View Full Version : Contender frame value?

wonderwolf
02-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Whats a older style contender frame worth, blued with the old method of firing pin changeover? I have heard some say they are more sought after than the new ones with the rain drop safety levers atop the hammer?

MT Gianni
02-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Gunbroker past auctions is your friend. They run from $240-$275 or so depending on accessories and grips. I bought a G2 new SS in Dec for $299 and don't see as much interest in the G1's since they restarted the frame production. I believe many are concerned about frame stretching in the older guns.

wonderwolf
02-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Gunbroker past auctions is your friend. They run from $240-$275 or so depending on accessories and grips. I bought a G2 new SS in Dec for $299 and don't see as much interest in the G1's since they restarted the frame production. I believe many are concerned about frame stretching in the older guns.

been watching there but prices tend to be higher than what they command in some regions. I've seen some crazy prices on GB.

I'm just asking about a frame with the cross pin and nothing else, no grips etc.

mrk1500
02-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Most people like the top of hammer selector it usually means easy open frames. The trigger assemblies are a bit different the easy open has a ball bearing between the spring and trigger. GB is a good indicator of what things sell for as a lot of gun shops around here go by what GB says. Take it for what it's worth.