PDA

View Full Version : Cramer No 10

OutHuntn84
02-06-2017, 10:27 AM
So I wanna start out by saying I have a great neighbor across the road. We help each other out and keep an eye out for each other. Well yesterday he knocks on the door and hands me this old Cramer No 10 he found while digging around in the shop.

Anyways from what I gather it's a 158 grain round nose that should drop around .358. I won't be able to play with it until later this week so next best thing will be living vicariously through yalls experiences with this old mold. Let's hear 'em! :)

Char-Gar
02-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Cramer made some very fine molds. This is their version of the standard factory/police service bullet for the 38 Special. Every mold maker offered a version that were very little, if any, different. The Lyman 358311 is still in production.

These bullets are very accurate and are my favorite for range and plinking use. I load it over 3.0/Bullseye for an easy shooting load that does not stress revolvers even the older pre-war Colts and Smith and Wessons.

OutHuntn84
02-06-2017, 07:28 PM
It seems like a really solid built mold. The spruce plate design is unique. I have a single cavity Lyman version. You're right it is a dandy for 38. I'm thinking about maybe hollow punting one of them for grins.