PDA

View Full Version : a thought to all born again christians.

johnson1942
02-05-2017, 04:43 PM
this comes from my pastors sermon today. the Lord Jesus Christ is the light of the world. you who are born again and have your name wrote in the lambs book of life are also the light of the world. now think of it this way. there is no amount of darkness that can put out even the smallest light. go deep into a cave and turn out the lights. ive, done that and then you will experience real deep deep darkness. light one little match and all that darkness cannot put out that light of that one little match. it makes no difference if your light is small or as strong as a spot light. the darkness of satan cannot put it out. its up to you how bright you light is but it is the light of the Lord Jesus Christ and it, again, cannot be put out by the darkness of satan. think of your self in this way every day. two things you should always meditate on, you have your name secure in the lambs book of life and you have the light of Christ that cannot be put out by the darkness of the other side.

buckwheatpaul
02-05-2017, 09:15 PM
johnson1942, How true .... how true.....there was a time in my life when I was down and out on people in general and I had an occurrence and it changed my life....literally at the foot of the cross and since that day I have worked to not slide back into the dark abyss. When I learned to turn it over to GOD I was amazed how simple and good my life became....thank your minister and thank you for this post....Paul

GhostHawk
02-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Well said. I am reminded of the old song about the "Lower lights"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jq9sYx2mVI

Blackwater
02-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Thanks, Johnson. And you too, Ghost. Love ol' Ernie!

Bzcraig
02-05-2017, 11:59 PM
Excellent Johnson! Darkness is defined as the absence of light, can you imagine what this earth would be like without believers on it?

jcwit
02-06-2017, 12:05 AM
But then a born again Christian can turn evil and the light goes out!

Think of Judis the betrailer.

Pine Baron
02-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Thanks, Johnson. Incredible words of encouragement. I needed this.

USMC87
02-06-2017, 09:34 AM
A great reminder for us all, Don't hide your light under a cloud of darkness. Thanks Johnson.

castalott
02-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Wonderful.....Just Wonderful Thanks, Dale

1johnlb
02-06-2017, 08:11 PM
But then a born again Christian can turn evil and the light goes out!

Think of Judis the betrailer.

1John 3;9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This ^^^^^^^is the word of God. That means any so called born again believer, that sins, wasn't born again.

1johnlb
02-06-2017, 08:12 PM
How can a set free from sin Christain, sin? He can't

johnson1942
02-06-2017, 08:55 PM
1johnlb, i want to thank you that. it was needed. once your name is in the lambs book of life the light cant go out. it can get dim, but it cant go out, again, thanks.

Boaz
02-06-2017, 09:06 PM
A good thread . Thank you johnson1942 and all who have posted .

Ken in Iowa
02-10-2017, 09:53 AM
A good thread . Thank you johnson1942 and all who have posted .
Ditto

Blackwater
02-10-2017, 06:24 PM
I love re-reading this post. What could give us more faith during hard times, than that knowing even a little light illuminates the darkest nights? And I'll always be amazed at how physics and everything in this world mirrors God's love and intent for us, and His intent is NOT that we should sufffer, lest it be to redirect our path toward the light. Of all the things that God has given us, Hope may well be the most used, and useful, if only we'll let it be so. How could anything be more humbling than that? Keeps our place and His in the proper perspective.