PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
02-05-2017, 08:29 AM
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.—3 John 1:4 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=c0eed3da34&e=3dd732485b)When David was on his deathbed, he called in his son Solomon. Solomon was going to carry on his reign as king, and here is what David said to him, "As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever" (1 Chronicles 28:9).

Like David, we are all leaving a legacy. And our job as parents is to bring our children to Christ, by our actions and by our words. The legacy we leave for those that follow will affect generations to come.

James Merritt, in his book What God Wants Every Dad to Know, wrote, "Fatherhood is more than conceiving, feeding, clothing, educating, and sending children out on their own. Dads have the responsibility of preparing their children for their eternal destiny of meeting God." I agree with that. We are passing on an eternal legacy.

Listen to this: the choices of our time are binding in eternity—not just during life here on earth, but forever.

Having lived over 60 years on this earth, I have seen many generations. My grandparents' generation. My parents' generation. My generation. My children's generation. My grandchildren's generation. And here is what I have seen: things we do today impact us later in life. Our actions impact our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren.

You are leaving a legacy. The question is: is it a godly legacy or an ungodly legacy?

Pine Baron
02-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Thank you rl. Our legacy is the example we set.

square butte
02-05-2017, 09:18 AM
We are all gonna be on that same bed David was on someday. Thanks rl69

USMC87
02-05-2017, 09:18 AM
A great reminder, Thanks for the lesson.

GhostHawk
02-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Well said RL, thank you.

buckwheatpaul
02-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Wow rl69...you are stepping on toes today.....but you are spot on....thanks for the lesson and I hope all of our Cast Boolits family have a blessed day......Paul

Blackwater
02-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Wow! Yet another truly great post for today. You're on a roll, RL. Please keep it up, and THANKS! I think of so many kids today, with NO father in the home TO witness and discipline them in the Truth. How could things NOT go downhill in a country like that? And where will it all go when those are over half the population? Truly, the Devil is at the root of divorce and out of wedlock marriages and "hook-ups!" Christ said, "Ye shall know them by thier deeds." If so, many have a lot to answer for a the Throne of Judgment! Divorce IS allowed under certain conditions in the Bible, but not just because "I don't love him/her any more." Truly, we've become SO willful, that we don't even WANT to see so much these days! And look at where that leads us! But whatever out status, God has provided a path for repentance and return to Him, if only we'll take it. Salvation ain't no small thing, brothers and sisters!