PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?

tomme boy
02-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Or is everyone have winter fever or cabin fever or what ever it is called on this site? Man, lots of people with anger issues.

I would NOT want to be a Moderator. Or maybe I should be! Lots of people would be taking a recess!:kidding:

dragon813gt
02-04-2017, 08:03 PM
It is that time of year. My wife currently has it. I'm about to kick her out of the house for good. So whatever happens here is small potatoes.

tomme boy
02-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Ha ha! I hear you.

GRUMPA
02-04-2017, 08:07 PM
I don't really notice it, not any more than average I guess. I just go with the flow and kinda roll with the punches. After being on this site for years and dealing with a majority of members they're actually really decent folks that just vent from time to time.

crowbuster
02-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Wouldnt know. It's my busy time of the year. Never in till way past dark. Lunch, supper, back out. Could never get cabin fever, not in the house long enough. Some folks get the winter blues i guess.

Wayne Smith
02-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Winter blues is SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder - and light therapy is the only treatment effective. Google SAD lights and you will find many. LOML has used one for years, in fact she wore one out and I replaced it this last year.

waarp8nt
02-04-2017, 10:25 PM
I think some folks are just naturally grouchier than a box a coat hangers. For the most part the folks I have met here on the forum...whether in person or just had dealings with online...they are decent folks.

As far as the winter blues goes...I just grab the wheelbarrow and go load wood. It takes longer than the truck, but gives me ample time to reflect on the days events.

runfiverun
02-05-2017, 02:10 AM
it's that time of year.
I don't think I have left the house except to shovel snow and drop some checks in the mail in 6 weeks. [one range trip in over 3' of snow was enough]

I spend 4-9 hours a day in the shop or reloading room and never seem to make any headway.
every time I get one thing finished there is something else sitting there waiting.

Wayne Smith
02-05-2017, 08:46 AM
it's that time of year.

I spend 4-9 hours a day in the shop or reloading room and never seem to make any headway.
every time I get one thing finished there is something else sitting there waiting.
I thought that was life, Five!

runfiverun
02-05-2017, 12:21 PM
it makes me wonder where I got all this stuff sometimes.
I don't remember moving it here, or putting it where I find it.
but there it is.
I have most everything pretty well organized and accessible but still manage to surprise myself from time to time.

tomme boy
02-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Run, I have not had a 45 acp for about 2 years. I was looking for some wood a put away for making handles on a knife. I found 2 50cal. ammo cans full of loaded 45acp. I don't remember put these where I found them. I thought I got rid of all of the ammo when I got rid of my 45? Man it sucks getting old

Der Gebirgsjager
02-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Tomme--obviously you are meant to have a .45. Don't struggle against fate........:D

Echo
02-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Should top out about 73 here today - no clouds - no wind - tough duty. And what's this 'cabin fever' I hear folks talk about?

mold maker
02-05-2017, 08:25 PM
it makes me wonder where I got all this stuff sometimes.
I don't remember moving it here, or putting it where I find it.
but there it is.
I have most everything pretty well organized and accessible but still manage to surprise myself from time to time.

Better take another look in the safe. There may already be another 45 that you forgot.

runfiverun
02-06-2017, 12:05 AM
that's not funny.
I was digging through the top of the shelf in the gun room and seen a box I didn't recognize.
it had a Blued 44 special Ruger Bisley in it,,,, never fired.
I remembered buying it when I thought about it for a bit, but don't know why I never shot it.
it's not like I don't have brass and stuff for the other 2 I bought at the same time.

10x
02-06-2017, 08:56 AM
that's not funny.
I was digging through the top of the shelf in the gun room and seen a box I didn't recognize.
it had a Blued 44 special Ruger Bisley in it,,,, never fired.
I remembered buying it when I thought about it for a bit, but don't know why I never shot it.
it's not like I don't have brass and stuff for the other 2 I bought at the same time.

Got a Ruger Vaquero like that. Had it for at least 6 years, never fired. Find it from time to time.

shooter93
02-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Let me tell you about cabin fever....I've literally been trapped for 14 months and a few more coming. First Jan. of 2016 They found prostate cancer so I had that surgery. Then a few months later my ticker went south and I had a quadruple bypass and some valve work done. At the time there was a question if I could survive the operation....I fooled them ,,,,lol. Along the process they discovered that I may have a problem in the lumbar fusion I had three years ago. Well....it turns out the bone failed and I go to get that repaired Feb. 20th. It's a great life if you don't weaken.....lol....and we have a great hospital here but I'm REAL tired of seeing them and being cooped up weeks at a time.

bob208
02-08-2017, 10:59 PM
I am retired the wife works yet and from home. she works for century-link dealing with call in's. the other day she told me to go some where to a bar to the club and play some pool. or even buy a gun. my ruger .32 mag. should be here tomorrow. played some pool too.

smokeywolf
02-09-2017, 02:14 AM
My grouchiness is justified. I'm old(ish), with a lot of mileage and a lot of aches and pains. I have an extreme aversion to people who have no common sense. And, I live in Southern California. Need I say more?

M-Tecs
02-09-2017, 02:52 AM
My grouchiness is justified. I'm old(ish), with a lot of mileage and a lot of aches and pains. I have an extreme aversion to people who have no common sense. And, I live in Southern California. Need I say more?

Can't argue with logic like that!!!!!!!!

Greg S
02-09-2017, 03:55 AM
I'm 52 years yound and would be unhappy too if i lived in commifornia.

Iowa Fox
02-09-2017, 04:11 AM
My wife slipped on the ice and broke her arm the first week of January. I've been to busy cooking, cleaning, washing, taking care of her plus trying to do my own stuff to pay much attention to anything.